Are you looking for a career in which you can enjoy working with people in all segments of the agricultural industry? A career that provides career opportunities in numerous business, government, educational and non-profit organizations? If so, consider Agricultural Education!
The agricultural education concentration prepares students to be certified agricultural instructors in the state of Louisiana. Students who complete this program of study will have a broad base of technical knowledge and skills in the dynamic field of agriculture. Students will also have learned practical teaching methods to facilitate the process of planning, organizing and presenting agricultural information and promote optimal student learning.
Specifically, students in this concentration will be able to:
· Teach for development of agricultural knowledge and skills using a variety of teaching methods
· Develop a classroom management plan that supports successful learning
· Advise an FFA chapter
· Supervise students’ agricultural experience programs
· Develop and teach an agricultural curriculum that corresponds with the Educational Framework for Louisiana’s Agriscience/Agribusiness/FFA Program
· Teach students in both formal and informal educational settings
· Build parent, school and community support for an educational program
· Acquire a broad base of technical knowledge and skills in agriculture