What is the process for requesting certificates of insurance?
The LSU Office of Risk Management processes requests for certificates of insurance. The request must be made in writing and can be mailed, emailed, or faxed. Although the information needed can vary widely, please include at least the following information on the request:
- Department contact person’s name, telephone number/email address, and campus address
- The complete name and address of the company who is requesting proof of insurance from you
- A copy of the contract / paperwork from this company
- Dates of the event
- Type of insurance being requested or terms of insurance request
- Certificate requests are generally ready in 5-7 business days
If you have a certificate of insurance that needs to be renewed, please forward a copy of the existing certificate of insurance with a note requesting “Renewal”. To request a certificate of insurance for certificate related questions, please contact Fran Guerin at (225) 578-3603 or firstname.lastname@example.org.