After an extensive renovation, West Laville Hall reopened in fall 2010 as the new home of the Honors House! This major renovation left the beautiful Spanish architecture intact, and provides residents with all of today’s energy efficient amenities, with a contemporary feel to the newly remodeled interior of the building. The renovation to the next door East Laville Hall was completed in fall 2012, with East and West Laville Halls now making up the Honors House. The Laville Halls are right next door to the French House, home of the Honors College.
West Laville Hall has a new central air conditioning and heating system with independent control of the temperature in each bedroom. All of the student rooms and hallways were refurbished with new paint, flooring and lighting, and new elevators were installed. The rooms are furnished with new desks, chests, and movable/loftable beds – the same contemporary furnishings in the recently completed Residential Colleges South & West, and Blake Hall. There is a spacious lobby, kitchen and large common area on the first floor, and there are study rooms and common areas on each floor.
A new building now connects East and West Laville Halls. The connecting building matches the architectural design of both East & West Laville, and provides both halls with a 24-hour front desk, large common areas and a computer lab.
East and West Laville Halls are completely compliant with the American Disabilities Association (ADA) guidelines including additional wheelchair ramps, specialized student rooms, and accessible kitchen. With new energy efficient windows, lighting, electrical systems and central air systems, the renovated buildings helping to reduce energy costs which in turn helps offset rising maintenance and operating costs.
East and West Laville Halls make up the Honors House, and are home to the Honors College. Priority goes to students enrolled in the LSU Honors College. Learn more about the Laville Honors House. To live in the Honors Hall, students must be enrolled in Honors College.
Residence Hall Information
|West Laville room 360º
| Laville Honors House tour
Residence Life Coordinator
Residence Hall features:
- Female and Male residents
- All-male floors and all-female floors with restricted card access
- 286 spaces
- Two-student rooms with hall baths
- Movable furniture
- Loftable beds (up to 57” between floor and bed frame)
- Sink in each room
- Central air conditioning and heating system with individual room controls
- Energy efficient windows and blinds
- New ceiling tiles and lighting fixtures
- A new fully modern kitchen
- Large first-floor common area
- Study areas on every floor
- Specialized rooms for students with disabilities
- Wheelchair entrance and interior ramps
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom and kitchen
- Coin and Tiger Card operated laundry in building
- Newly renovated courtyard patio
- New in-fill building with 24-hour front desk, common area & computer lab
- The newly renovated 459 Dining Commons right outside back door
- Near the LSU Student Union
- A 5-minute walk to the University Recreation Center & jogging trail
- Next to The French House, The Honors College building
- The Honors College Experience by Honors College Dean Nancy Clark
- View Residence Hall Room Measurements
- Housing Price List
- Residential Colleges requirements summary sheet