Taylor Hall, Beauregard Hall, Jackson Hall, and LeJeune Hall are the four residence halls that make up The Pentagon Community. The Pentagon Community is a picturesque living area consisting of four residence halls and an activity center surrounding a grass and brick courtyard that gives residents a truly unique living experience.
Beauregard, Jackson, LeJuene, and Taylor Halls offer traditional housing – open to all majors, all years – to students on the west side of campus. Conveniently located near The 5 dining hall, athletic venues, The Quad, Middleton Library, and academic buildings, the Pentagon Community offers residents a great location and great outdoor space too. Each building faces the courtyard where students are often found lounging in the grass, rehearsing with their band, or just enjoying the weather outside of their rooms. The courtyard was enclosed with brick & wrought iron gates with card-access, new outside common areas with picnic tables and seating were added, and the landscaping was redone, providing ideal spaces for activities and just hanging out.
Speaking of rooms, each hall in the Pentagon features updated moveable closets, fresh paint, renovated bathrooms, updated kitchens, and a unique layout. Each hall is divided into five vertical stacks rather than typical horizontal floors. Each stack is a single gender, has a hall bath on each floor, a kitchen on the second floor, and three or four 2-student rooms on each floor. The uniqueness of buildings in The Pentagon offers students a more private-syled living environment.
- Co-ed res hall with around 100 beds
- Building is divided into 5 vertical stacks rather than horizontal floors
- Stacks are either all male or all female floors with restricted card access
- Stacks are three-stories with outside, card-access entrances
- Stacks provide a more private-styled living environments
- Kitchen on each stack’s second floor
- Recently renovated hall bath on each floor in a stack
- Three or four 2-student rooms on each floor in a stack
- All rooms are two-student rooms with hall baths
- Bunkable style of beds, desks, chairs, moveable closets included in room
- Ceiling fans and window air conditioner units in rooms
- Blinds on windows
- 24-hour front desk, TV common area and study space in Pentagon Activity Center
- Coin and Tiger Card operated laundry in Pentagon Activity Center
- Computer lab in Pentagon Activity Center
- Conveniently located next to The 5 dining hall, the Quad, athletic venues, the Music & Dramatic Arts building, and Middleton Library
- Room Measurements
- Res Hall Map
- Rent Rates
- Room Layout
- Pentagon Community Floor Plans:
- Video Tour of a room in The Pentagon
- 360° View of Room
Each building/community on campus has a built-in support system for you. A residence life coordinator (RLC) is a master’s level professional who lives and works in your community. The RLC supervises a graduate resident director (GRD), a grad student who also lives and works in the hall. These two people lead the team of resident assistants (RA) who live on each floor and help you adjust to life on campus, get connected to resources, and host educational and fun programs. Here are your geaux-to people in The Pentagon:
Residence Life Coordinator
Graduate Residence Director
Front Desk: 225-578-0041
Stay Connected @PentagonLSU
Living on campus is a great way to make friends, get involved, and be a part of an engaging community! Get to know your hall staff and peers living in your community by connecting online through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We can’t wait for you to move in and call your new community #myLSUhome!