Kirby Smith Hall was reopened for occupancy in fall 2011 after extensive improvements to the bedrooms and suite bathrooms. Kirby is open to all students applying for traditional residence hall space. Below is information on the renovation and the rooms:
- Floors 2 – 10 will house students
- The remaining upper floors will be used for University offices and other uses.
- Only residents will have card-access to residential floors via the elevators and stairwells.
- Each residential floor will be either male or female.
- All rooms are suite-bath; two rooms sharing a bathroom.
- Each bedroom will house two students.
- Bedrooms have new carpet tiles and a fresh coat of paint.
- All built in furniture in the bedrooms was removed.
- Bedrooms have movable furniture including desk, chair, chest, wardrobe, and adjustable bed.
- Bathrooms are renovated, including paint, a new sink, shower upgrades, and privacy curtains.
- There is one locking entrance door to the suite, and each bedroom has its own locking door.
- Each floor will have a team of two Resident Advisors (RAs).
- There is a 24-hour front desk, a common area and new community kitchen on the first floor.
- Approximate bedroom size is 12’ x 15’ 4”
Suite bath bedroom
2-student room 360º
|Kirby Smith – Narrated showroom tour
Residence Life Coordinator
Graduate Residence Director