So You’ve Applied…Now What Comes Next?
- Select Your Room in the spring.
- Based on your housing date of application, you will receive a designated Room Selection Timeslot to log in to the online housing portal and select your actual room and building.
- Roommate matching opens January 23, 2017. At this time, you will be able to create a personal profile, search for potential roommates and suite mates and accept/decline roommate invitations. Please note that Residential Life does not utilize your personal profile to match you with your roommate. It is a tool we provide to you for finding your roommate in our system.
- Check your housing status on myLSU > Student Services > On-campus Housing. Click on “Application Status” in the top right corner.
- Change your housing preference by emailing email@example.com until the waitlists open April 20, 2017. Once the waitlists open in the housing portal, you can add and remove yourself from your preferred building’s waitlist.
- Review Housing Options, Rent Rates and the Cancellation Policy.
- First-year students are assigned a time based on their housing date of application to go online and select their actual building and room assignment with the option of inviting roommates and suite mates into the room/suite.
- View your day on the “Application Status” page in the housing portal in late February. You will also receive the information via email.
- Be sure to search for, request and accept roommates before you go online in March to select your room if you want to be able to invite people into your room/suite.
- Once you have access to the housing portal to select your room, you will continue to have access to select a room until the system closes April 14, 2017.
- Students who do not select their hall/room during this time will have their assignments made by the Res Life staff.
|If you applied for housing:||You will choose your room:|
|September 30 – October 15, 2015
|March 6 (4 p.m.) – March 10 (10 a.m.)|
|October 16 – November 15, 2016
|March 13 (4 p.m.) – March 17 (10 a.m.)|
|November 16 – December 31, 2016
|March 20 (4 p.m.) – March 24 (10 a.m.)|
|January 1, 2017 – Present
|April 10 (4 p.m.) – April 14 (10 a.m.)|
|Waitlists Open||April 17, 2017 at 4 p.m.|
|Room Changes||April 24-28 and May 22-26, 2017|
Individual days are assigned to students within each group. View your day on the “Application Status” page in the housing portal.
**Note: Time the system will open was changed from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.**
- The roommate matching service opens in the housing portal on January 23, 2017.
- Only the people listed in your “Accepted Roommates” list in the housing portal will show as potential roommates during room selection in March. Make sure you search for and accept your preferred roommate’s request so you can select a room together.
- For example, if you are accepted into the Engineering Res College, you will only see roommates who are also in the Engineering Res College.
- If you request to change your housing preference, the potential roommates you see may change.
- Residential college or Honors House residents can only request roommates who are also be participating in the SAME residential college or the Honors House.
- If space is available in late summer, we will allow Honors House students to have non-Honors roommates. Honors students may request non-honors roommates by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residents preferring to live in traditional halls can only request roommates who also have their housing preference set as traditional housing.
- You are not required to choose a preferred roommate. If you do not have a roommate request, Residential Life will randomly assign you a roommate.
- You can also request suite mates. Simply invite them to be in your accepted roommate list in the order of preference. Please be sure to place your preferred roommate as your first roommate preference, and then your suite mates as your second and third preferences.
- All roommate requests must be mutual to be honored. While we do our best to accommodate preferences, not all requests can be honored.
- For detailed instructions, please review the New Assignments Guide, or read more in our FAQs.
Beginning April 17, 2017 at 4 p.m., you can add and remove yourself from buildings’ waitlists in the housing portal. Follow the steps on page 14 of the New Assignments Guide.
We will contact you if a space open ups in your preferred building/program. Check your email regularly. The Res Life Assignments staff will not move you to an available space unless we receive written communication verifying the move. In order to be most effective, these moves are time-sensitive and will require an email response within 48 hours in most cases.