Herget Hall is located on Campus Lake next to Miller Hall, and makes itself home to more than 440 first-year students.
The residents who call Herget Hall home enjoy its lively personality, active community, large lobby, and great patio overlooking the lake. Herget Hall is very close to Greek Row, which makes it a popular choice for men and women interested in Greek Life at LSU. Also close to the Student Recreational Center and the walking and bike trails along the University Lake, Herget Hall provides easy access to recreational activities and the 459 Commons dining hall.
Students can choose from 2-student and a few 4-student rooms on the first through sixth floors. Long, rectangular student rooms feature loftable beds to maximize floor space and room design flexibility. Herget Hall rooms also have an extra closet for additional storage. The first floor and basement of Herget Hall feature ample common spaces, laundry facilities, computer lab, 24-hour front desk, kitchen, staff offices and access to the patio and lake.
- Co-ed res hall with over 440 beds
- Floors are either all male or all female with restricted card access
- Two- and four-student rooms with hall baths
- Loftable style of beds, desk, desk chairs, and built-in closets with drawers included in room
- Countertop with storage cabinet beneath it in each room
- Additional closet for pantry storage
- Blinds on windows
- Central air conditioning & heat with room thermostats every third room
- 24-hour front desk in lobby
- Coin and Tiger Card operated laundry
- Computer lab with free printing
- Large kitchen with appliances, vending, and ice machine
- Large common area lounge fearing a piano and pool table overlooking Campus Lake
- Outdoor patio, benches, and picnic tables located next to Campus Lake
- ADA accessible and ADA rooms available
- Multi-media classroom/group study space off of main lobby
- Located near LSU’s Student Recreational Center, Greek Row, the LSU jogging trail and University Lakes
- Room Measurements
- Res Hall Map
- Rent Rates
- Video Tour of Herget Hall
- 360° View of Room
- Room Layouts
- Floor Plans
Each building/community on campus has a built-in support system for you. A residence life coordinator (RLC) is a master’s level professional who lives and works in your community. The RLC supervises a graduate resident director (GRD), a grad student who also lives and works in the hall. These two people lead the team of resident assistants (RA) who live on each floor and help you adjust to life on campus, get connected to resources, and host educational and fun programs. Here are your geaux-to people in Herget Hall:
Derek Calderara, Residence Life Coordinator
Jennifer Fendrich, Graduate Residence Director
Front Desk: 225-334-5510
Stay Connected @HergetLSU
Living on campus is a great way to make friends, get involved, and be a part of an engaging community! Get to know your hall staff and peers living in your community by connecting online through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We can’t wait for you to move in and call your new community #myLSUhome!