If you are interested in a unique, one of kind graduate experience, then LSU Residential Life is for you! LSU Residential Life offers a variety of graduate assistant experiences to help students living in our residential communities be successful. Graduate students play an integral role in the success of our department, from live-in graduate residence directors to central office graduate assistants.
Graduate Residence Directors (hiring for Fall 2017)
A Graduate Residence Director (GRD) is a live-in graduate student staff member in the Department of Residential Life in the Residential Life & Education area who is responsible for the co-administration of a living community. Under the supervision of a full time Residence Life Coordinator, a GRD serves as a support in all aspects of building management including student staff supervision, administrative management, and community development.
- Provided a furnished apartment in the community where you work
- Receive a partial meal plan to eat with residents
- Preference is given to master’s students enrolled in the Higher Education Administration program. However, students in all programs are welcome to apply.
Graduate Assistant for Leadership (hiring for Fall 2017)
The Graduate Assistant for Leadership is responsible for serving as the primary advisor to the Residence Hall Association and National Residence Hall Honorary at LSU. They are also responsible for assisting the Assistant Director for Training and Leadership in student leadership activities and establishing appropriate working relationships with other university entities.
Graduate Assistant for Front Desk Operatons (hiring for Fall 2017)
The Graduate Assistant for Front Desk Operations is responsible for staffing, scheduling and overseeing day to day front desk operations in the on-campus residence halls and apartment communities.
Graduate Assistant for Staffing and Operations (hiring for Fall 2017)
The Graduate Assistant for Staffing and Operations is responsible for assisting in the development of academic initiatives, programs to enhance the success of students, and assessment initiatives for the department.
Graduate Assistant for Student Success and Assessment (hiring for Fall 2017)
The Graduate Assistant for Student Success and Assessment is a responsible for assisting in the development of academic initiatives, programs to enhance the success of students, and assessment initiatives for the department.
Graduate Assistant for Human Resources and Payroll (hiring for Fall 2017)
The Graduate Assistant for Human Resources and Payroll is responsible for providing administrative support to the Personnel and Human Resources Specialist and the Financial and Human Resource Services unit. This GA is also responsible for developing and maintaining records for student employees and assisting with employee record-keeping for the Department of Residential Life.
Graduate Assistant for Communications (hiring for Fall 2017)
More details coming soon.
Graduate Assistant for Tours (hiring for Fall 2017)
More details coming soon.
Candidates who are interested in interviewing for any of the graduate assistantships for LSU Residential Life should submit a cover letter, resume and list of three references to:
Associate Director for Staffing and Operations in Residential Life & Education
99 Grace King Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
LSU Residential Life normally begins conducting interviews in early February. Candidates may interview in one of three ways:
- The Oshkosh Placement Exchange – Representatives from LSU will be attending the Oshkosh Placement Exchange in Oshkosh, WI from February 23-26, 2017. Candidates who are attending and interested in interviewing with LSU should indicate so in their cover letter, or contact us through the Placement Exchange website.
- LSU Student Life & Enrollment Visiting Days – The Division of Student Life & Enrollment hosts an on-campus interview day for students who are interested in attending LSU’s Higher Education Administration Program. The next event is February 16-17, 2017.
- Phone Interviews – Phone interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis as needed.
LSU Residential Life will begin making offers for assistantships in late March 2017. If you have not been admitted to a graduate program by that date, then your offer will be pending acceptance into a program.