If you apply for housing and later decide to cancel your housing application, the following staggered refund and fee policy will apply:
- Cancel your housing application before April 1 – $250 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in April – $125 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in May – $75 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in June – $0 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in July – $0 Refund & $175 Cancellation Fee
- Cancellations received August 1 or later, including “No Shows,” are subject to rent penalties and fees as outlined in the housing contract. View the housing contract, cancellation refund & fee schedule, and FAQs for details. Use this form to cancel your housing.
If you apply for housing, get a room assignment, and move into your room assignment, the $250 advance rent is applied toward your rent on your fee bill.
To cancel your housing application, complete this form. This form is the only way LSU Residential Life will accept cancellations. Current students need to speak with a Res Life Assignments staff member to cancel their current academic year housing contract.
**Advance rent refunds listed at lsu.edu/cancelhousing apply only to new students. Continuing students who submit advance rent during the contract renewal process forfeit 100% of their advance rent payment for cancellation at any point after a contract is renewed.