East Laville Hall reopened in fall 2012 after an extensive renovation. The improvements include a new central air and heating system with independent control in the bedrooms. The bedrooms are completely new from floor to ceiling, including new flooring, walls, ceiling tiles, moveable/loftable beds, moveable desks, chests and chair. The hall bathrooms are completely new, and there are study rooms on every floor, along with a new kitchen, laundry facility and huge common space.
East Laville Hall, like the newly renovated West Laville Hall (completed fall 2010), has the look and feel of a brand new residence hall. The renovation preserved the classic and historic beauty of the building but replaced everything inside with state-of-the-art furnishings, fixtures and equipment. The Laville Halls are right next door to the French House, home of the Honors College.
The renovation also included the construction of a new “in-fill” building that connects East and West Laville Halls. The in-fill provides both halls with a 24-hour front desk, large common areas and a computer lab.
East and West Laville Halls are completely compliant with the American Disabilities Association (ADA) guidelines including additional wheelchair ramps, specialized student rooms, and accessible kitchen. With new energy efficient windows, lighting, electrical systems and central air systems, the renovated buildings help to reduce energy costs which helps offset rising maintenance and operating costs.
East Laville and West Laville Halls make up the Honors House and are home to the Honors College. Priority goes to students enrolled in the LSU Honors College. Learn more about the Laville Honors House. To live in the Honors Hall, students must be enrolled in Honors College.
2-student room 360º
| Laville Honors House tour
Residence Life Coordinator
Residence Hall Information
- All new rooms
- New moveable furniture
- Loftable beds (up to 57” between floor and bed frame)
- Female and Male residents
- 330 spaces
- Two-student rooms with hall baths
- Sink in each room
- Central air conditioning system with individual room controls
- New energy efficient windows and blinds
- New ceiling tiles and lighting fixtures
- A new fully modern kitchen
- New and expanded first-floor common area
- New common areas and study areas added to each floor
- Specialized rooms for students with disabilities
- Wheelchair entrance and interior ramps
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom and kitchen
- Large common area
- Study rooms on every floor
- Beautiful outdoor courtyard area
- Coin and Tiger Card operated laundry in building
- Newly renovated courtyard patio
- New in-fill building with 24-hour front desk, common area & computer lab
- The newly renovated 459 Commons is right outside the back door
- Near the LSU Student Union
- A 5-minute walk to the University Recreation Center & jogging trail
- Next to The French House, The Honors College building Honors College
- The Honors College Experience by Honors College Dean Nancy Clark
- View Residence Hall Room Measurements
- Housing Price List
- Residential Colleges requirements summary sheet