Way to geaux! You've made the best choice to live on campus.
To apply, you’ll need to log in to myLSU and complete the On-Campus Housing application under the “Student Services” menu:
Fall 2017 Undergraduate Applications: Housing applications are now available! The housing application is a separate application from admission to LSU.
Spring 2017 Undergraduate Applications: Housing applications will be available on November 1, 2016. The housing application is a separate application from admission to LSU.
The online application requires $250 advance rent, $50 non-refundable application fee, and a $10 non-refundable processing fee to complete the housing application. If you apply for housing, get a room assignment, and move into your room assignment, the $250 advance rent is applied toward your rent on your fee bill. If you apply for housing and later decide to cancel your housing application, the following staggered refund and fee policy will apply:
- Cancel your housing application before April 1 – $250 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in April – $125 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in May – $75 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in June – $0 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application in July – $0 Refund & $175 Cancellation Fee
- Cancellations received August 1 or later, including “No Shows,” are subject to rent penalties and fees as outlined in the housing contract. View the housing contract, cancellation refund & fee schedule, and FAQs for details. Use this form to cancel your housing.
- This refund schedule is only for new students and not continuing students participating in the contract renewal process.
A Few Helpful Housing Tips:
- Apply for housing as soon as you’re accepted into LSU!
- Building and room assignments are based on the date of housing application (not the university application), so the earlier you apply, the better.
- There is no first-year residency requirement for fall 2017. The Res Life goal is to provide housing for all who want to live on campus. If demand exceeds supply, we will implement a standby list.
- Make sure you know if you’ll select a residential college, Honors House, or living-learning community as your housing preference on the application, or if you’ll go the traditional hall route. With so many options, there’s something for everyone!
- Be sure to review the housing rates, housing options, and details of the housing contract before submitting your application.
- For our Tigers who are married, have dependent family members living with them, are graduate students, or are 21+ years old, apply for the Family & Graduate housing options in Edward Gay Apartments.
- Change of plans? Make sure to officially cancel your housing application here.