When you click “Apply Now,” you’ll be redirected to myLSU, where you should log in with your PAWS ID and password. Select “Student Services” and then “On-Campus Housing” to access the application. Select the “Application” tab to get started, and be sure to follow all the steps and complete the entire application!
Fall 2016 Undergraduate Applications: Housing applications will be available once LSU Undergraduate Admissions begins admitting students for fall 2016 in October 2015. The housing application is a separate application from admission to LSU.
The online application requires $250 advance rent, $50 application fee, and a $10 processing fee to complete the housing application. If you apply for housing, get a room assignment, and move into your room assignment, the $250 advance rent is applied toward your rent on your fee bill. If you apply for housing and later decide to cancel your housing application, the following staggered refund policy will apply:
- Cancel your housing application before April 1 – $250 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application before May 1 – $125 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application before June 1 – $75 Refunded
- Cancel your housing application June 1 or later – $0 Refunded
A Few Helpful Housing Tips:
- Once you’ve been admitted to LSU, you’re ready to apply for housing. Apply as soon as you’re admitted to LSU!
- Building and room assignments are based on the date of housing application (not the university application), so the earlier you apply, the better.
- There is no first-year residency requirement. On-campus housing is guaranteed for incoming student applications received prior to the implementation of a standby list. The Res Life goal is to provide housing for all who want to live on campus.
- Have your LSU PAWS username and password ready to enter the online application. You received your PAWS information when you were admitted to LSU. For help obtaining this information, contact the ITS Help Desk.
- Make sure you know if you’ll select a residential college, Honors House, or living-learning community as your housing preference on the application, or if you’ll go the traditional hall route. With so many options, there’s something for everyone!
- Be sure to review the housing rates, housing options, and details of the housing contract before submitting your application.
- For our Tigers who are married, have dependent family members living with them, are graduate students, or are 21+ years old, apply for the Family & Graduate housing options in Edward Gay Apartments Apartments.