1. Using Axis TVs (Digital Signage) in Residence Halls & Apartments
The Axis TV System consists of several flat panel televisions inside on-campus residence halls and apartments. These screens are used to display information relating to campus events or programs of interest to LSU students. All submissions must follow the guidelines below, and all submissions to be played on all TVs within Res Life are reviewed and approved by the Residential Life Communications Office.
Guidelines for Display:
- Registered student organizations and university departments are eligible to submit digital displays.
- Digital information must pertain to a campus event or service at the university. Non-LSU activities will not be approved for display.
- Digital information may not be commercial or political in content.
- Artwork that is stretched, misuses the LSU logo, or is deemed too low quality by the Communications office will be returned to the sender with an explanation as to why it will not run on the system as is.
- To submit a request, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Contact name
- Name of the event and organization/department
- Date to start the slide
- Date and time to remove the slide
- Artwork attached as a JPEG or PowerPoint file
- If using PowerPoint to create the slide, the standard size of a PowerPoint slide is the correct 4:3 ratio.
- Do not submit widescreen layout slides.
- If using a design program to create the slide, the exact dimensions are 755 pixels x 566 pixels.
- We will accept PowerPoint files and JPEGs, however JPEGS are preferred.
2. Displaying Paper Fliers on Bulletin Boards in Residence Halls & Apartments
- For the 2015-2016 academic year, we will accept 35 copies of fliers to place in residence halls.
- Fliers must be delivered to 210 Grace King.
- All fliers are subject to approval and must be sponsored by an LSU department or registered student organization.
- Only Residential Life staff members are authorized to hang and remove fliers.
- Contact the Residential Life & Education Administrative Office with any questions at 225-578-7185.
3. Educational Programs, Coordinating Table Sits & Donation Drives
- Use of space in our communities is primarily for residents, staff, and faculty working with our residential communities.
- Only LSU registered student organizations or LSU departments may request to use space in our communities and these requests are considered secondary and may be approved or denied based on the nature of the request and the availability of space.
- Policies and required forms are available here in RLOP 67 & 68.
4. Solicitation Policy for Residence Halls & Apartments
For the safety of all residents, commercial solicitation is prohibited. No one is allowed to solicit door-to-door, or place flyers on doors, on vehicles, or leave them in common areas. This policy applies to vendors and organizations seeking funds, services, or membership. This policy is strictly enforced and violations are reported to LSU Financial & Administrative Services.
5. In-Kind Donations & Department Partners
If you you interested in partnering with Residential Life, contact Catherine David, Associate Director of Communications & Development, to discuss opportunities.