1. Using Axis TVs (Digital Signage) in Residence Halls & Apartments
The Axis TV System consists of several flat panel televisions inside on-campus residence halls and apartments. These screens are used to display information relating to campus events or programs of interest to LSU students. All submissions must follow the guidelines below, and all submissions to be played on all TVs within Res Life are reviewed and approved by the Residential Life Communications Office.
Guidelines for Display:
- Registered student organizations and university departments are eligible to submit digital displays.
- Digital information must pertain to a campus event or service at the university. Non-LSU activities will not be approved for display.
- Digital information may not be commercial or political in content.
- Instructions for file size: If using a design program, please set the file size to be 755 x 566 pixels. You can also create a PowerPoint slide, set as standard 4:3 and then save that file as a JPG.
- All slides will run until 11:59 p.m. of the “end date” requested on the Axis submission form. Therefore, slides may not run past the “event date” advertised on the Axis slide.
- It is the responsibility of the student organization or department to ensure that the information submitted is accurate and of the correct graphic standard. Artwork should not be stretched or misuse the LSU logo.
- Please allow three to five working days for your display to be reviewed, approved and posted.
- Submit a graphic for the digital signage in the residence halls to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Displaying Paper Fliers on Bulletin Boards in Residence Halls & Apartments
- For the 2015-2016 academic year, we will accept 40 copies of fliers to place in residence halls.
- Fliers must be delivered to 210 Grace King.
- All fliers are subject to approval and must be sponsored by an LSU department or registered student organization.
- Only Residential Life staff members are authorized to hang and remove fliers.
- Contact the Residential Life & Education Administrative Office with any questions at 225-578-7185.
3. Educational Programs, Coordinating Table Sits & Donation Drives
- Use of space in our communities is primarily for residents, staff, and faculty working with our residential communities.
- Only LSU registered student organizations or LSU departments may request to use space in our communities and these requests are considered secondary and may be approved or denied based on the nature of the request and the availability of space.
- Policies and required forms are available here in RLOP 67 & 68.
4. Solicitation Policy for Residence Halls & Apartments
For the safety of all residents, commercial solicitation is prohibited. No one is allowed to solicit door-to-door, or place flyers on doors, on vehicles, or leave them in common areas. This policy applies to vendors and organizations seeking funds, services, or membership. This policy is strictly enforced and violations are reported to LSU Financial & Administrative Services.
5. In-Kind Donations & Department Partners
If you you interested in partnering with Residential Life, contact Catherine David, Associate Director of Communications & Development, to discuss opportunities.