1. Using Axis TVs (Digital Signage) in Residence Halls & Apartments
The Axis TV System consists of several flat panel televisions inside on-campus residence halls and apartments. These screens are used to display information relating to campus events or programs of interest to LSU students. All submissions must follow the guidelines below, and all submissions to be played on all TVs within Res Life are reviewed and approved by the Residential Life Communications Office.
Guidelines for Display:
- Registered student organizations and university departments are eligible to submit digital displays.
- Digital information must pertain to a campus event or service at the university. Non-LSU activities will not be approved for display.
- Digital information may not be commercial or political in content.
- Artwork that is stretched, misuses the LSU logo, or is deemed too low quality by the Communications office will be returned to the sender with an explanation as to why it will not run on the system as is.
- To submit a request, e-mail email@example.com with:
- Contact name
- Name of the event and organization/department
- Date to start the slide
- Date and time to remove the slide
- Artwork attached as a JPEG or PowerPoint file
- If using PowerPoint to create the slide, the standard size of a PowerPoint slide is the correct 4:3 ratio.
- Do not submit widescreen layout slides.
- If using a design program to create the slide, the exact dimensions are 755 pixels x 566 pixels.
- We will accept PowerPoint files and JPEGs, however JPEGS are preferred.
2. Displaying Paper Fliers on Bulletin Boards in Residence Halls & Apartments
- For the 2014-2015 academic year, we will accept 32 copies of fliers.
- For campus-wide events, 30 flyers will go into residence halls and the other two will be placed in the glass case outside of Grace King Hall and in the way finding kiosk glass case on the corner of Highland Road and South Campus Drive. Questions about these two cases should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fliers must be delivered to 210 Grace King.
- All fliers are subject to approval and must be sponsored by an LSU department or registered student organization.
- Only Residential Life staff members are authorized to hang and remove fliers.
- Contact the Residential Life & Education Administrative Office with any questions at 225-578-7185.
3. Educational Programs, Coordinating Table Sits & Donation Drives
- Use of space in our communities is primarily for residents, staff, and faculty working with our residential communities.
- Only LSU registered student organizations or LSU departments may request to use space in our communities and these requests are considered secondary and may be approved or denied based on the nature of the request and the availability of space.
- Registered student organizations or departments must find a resident sponsor who has to be present at the event. If your organization has no resident members, than you may choose to reach out to the RA staff to plan an event within our buildings. Those requests should be managed through the Residence Life Coordinator.
- A “Facility Use Agreement” must be completed and turned in to the building RLC. The Facility Use Agreement must be obtained from the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC) of the community. Completed forms will be submitted to and approved/denied by the RLC. For a list of RLCs, visit the Res Life directory at www.lsu.edu/housing.
- A Residence Halls “Reservation Request Form” must also be completed and turned in to the building RLC. This form can be downloaded by clicking the Residence Halls Reservation Request Form, or it may also be obtained from the RLC.
- Requests to hold a charitable drive must be made to the Residential Life & Education area in Res Life at 225-578-7185. Requests should include sponsoring department or organization, purpose of the drive and who will benefit, dates, locations requested, and any other details pertinent to the nature of the drive request.
- Groups are responsible for regular pick-up of donated items and frequency of pick-ups is determined by the nature of the drive.
4. Solicitation Policy for Residence Halls & Apartments
For the safety of all residents, commercial solicitation is prohibited. No one is allowed to solicit door-to-door, or place flyers on doors, on vehicles, or leave them in common areas. This policy applies to vendors and organizations seeking funds, services, or membership. This policy is strictly enforced and violations are reported to LSU Financial & Administrative Services.