Beginning in the fall 2014, Acadian Hall will be home to the Tiger Bridge Program, an initiative offered jointly by Louisiana State University and Baton Rouge Community College (BRCC). This invitation-only program provides a unique living-learning opportunity for students who desire to attend and participate in the collegiate experience, but who do not meet the published LSU admissions standards. The program is designed to provide students with the collegiate experience while providing resources to help them successfully transfer to LSU after they obtain 30 hours from BRCC with a 2.5 GPA (these 30 hours must be obtained at the end of one year ).
All Tiger Bridge students will live on the LSU campus in Acadian Hall. Designed to provide a seamless transition into college life at LSU, the Tiger Bridge Program offers a living-learning community where students will share common academic and student life experiences that will contribute to success at LSU.
Dedicated staff, including the Tiger Bridge Coordinator, the Residence Life Coordinator (RLC), and a Graduate Residence Director (GRD) will provide academic and student service support. In addition, each Tiger Bridge student will have a Resident Advisor (RA), an upper-class LSU student who will provide assistance throughout the student’s first year and transition to LSU.
For more information on the Tiger Bridge Program, visit www.tigerbridge.lsu.edu.
Acadian Hall is a study in excellence. From the beautiful patio and fountain to the elegant lobby, Acadian offers its residents outstanding accommodations. Students can relax, watch TV, play the piano, do homework, and participate in the many programs and events in Acadian Hall’s two large common areas.
New Acadian Showroom 360°
(Tiger Bridge Program)
Old Acadian Showroom 360°
|Acadian – Narrated showroom tour
Residence Hall Information
- Female and Male Residents
- 212 spaces
- Home of the Tiger Bridge Program
- Two-student rooms with hall bath
- 2 sections of the building: Old Acadian and New Acadian
- New Acadian will house Tiger Bridge Program; Old Acadian will be traditional housing, meaning open to all years of students
- The majority of the rooms are in New Acadian, less than 30 in Old Acadian
- New Acadian features a vanity and sink in the room
- Old Acadian rooms have hardwood floors, and hall bathrooms
- Spacious, walk-in closets
- Coin and Tiger Card operated laundry in building
- Computer lab
- Classroom/conference room
- Courtyard patio with fountain
- Beautiful Mediterranean ceramic tile throughout lobby and large common area
- New interior paint in common areas and bedrooms
- Renovated bathrooms
- New fire sprinkler system
- Close to The 459 Dining Commons
- Close to the Student Union
- A short walk to the Recreation Center, LSU jogging trail, and Campus Lake
- View Residence Hall Room Measurements
- Reslife Tour Map
- Housing Price List