- To approve or disapprove, after review, proposed additions to, alterations of, and elimination of all courses, curricula, and degree programs submitted by colleges and schools, or referred by the Office of Academic Affairs;
- to notify the appropriate departments and colleges and the Office of Academic Affairs regarding all decisions reached by the committee and to make recommendations concerning needed clarification, coordination, or study of the implications of proposed changes;
- to consult, when deemed appropriate, with departments which appear to be affected by proposed changes in courses and curricula; departments may appeal decisions made by the committee; if the appeal is supported by the college curriculum committee, the matter shall be sent directly to the Faculty Senate for final determination and placed on the Agenda of the Faculty Senate for the next regularly scheduled meeting of the Senate; and
- to conduct on its own initiative continuing studies of courses and curricula, and to make recommendations to departments concerned and to the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs concerning changes which appear to be desirable and which appear to require study by specific departments concerned or by special committees appointed for the purpose.
Eleven experienced faculty (no more than two from any college or school); one undergraduate student; one graduate student; chair of the General Education Committee, ex officio. The Office of the University Registrar will provide administrative assistance at the request of the committee. (“Experienced” is defined as having had one or more years of active participation on a department, school, or college curriculum committee.) To see a full list of current membership, click here.
- Form A – Request for ADDITION of a new course MS WORD
- Form B – Request for DROPPING a course MS WORD
- Form C – Request for CHANGING a Course MS WORD
- Form D – Request for Adding/Changing/Dropping a CURRICULUM MS WORD
- Form E – Request for Adding/Changing/Dropping a CONCENTRATION MS WORD
- Form F – Request for Adding/Changing/Dropping a MINOR MS WORD
- Form R – Request to CHANGE a Rubric of Course Number MS WORD
- Special Titles for Special Topics MS WORD
- PS-45 – Courses and Curricula
- PS-37 – Minimum Class Size
- PS-38 – Off-Campus Course Credit
Courses & Curricula Forms
The following schedule and meeting minutes/approvals are for the 2015-16 Academic Year.
For archived meeting minutes and proposals, click here.
FINAL DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF PROPOSALS
|March 6, 2015
|March 2, 2015|
|March 20, 2015
Meeting MinutesApproved Proposals
|March 16, 2015|
|April 17, 2015Agenda||April 13, 2015|
|May 1, 2015||April 27, 2015|
|May 22, 2015||May 18, 2015|
|June 19, 2015||June 15, 2015|
|July 17, 2015||July 13, 2015|