The Records Department is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., excluding holidays.
To request a copy of a report the following is required:
1. Request a copy via one of three ways.
- Preferred method: Submit online request.
- Submit LSU Police Department Report Request form in person or via mail. Form must be completed in its entirety. (This form requires Adobe(R) Acrobat(R) Reader 3.0 or higher to view and print.)
Physical location: LSU PD
LSU Police Department
101 DPS Building
South Stadium Road
Baton Rouge LA 70803-7912
- Call 225-578-8385.
- Provide the name of the complainant or victim.
- Provide the file case number or date of incident.
- Furnish your contact information for notification of when you may pick up the report.
2. Furnish payment
- The fee for Incident Reports is $5.00 and Traffic Crash Reports are $10.00.
- Check or money order must be received prior to filling the request
- Exact cash payment or check or money order
- Case photographs are $.50 per photo.
3. Retrieve copy.
- There is a minimum processing period of 7-10 business days on all requests.
- Copies may be retrieved from LSU PD *Reports sent to the East Baton Rouge District Attorney’s Office for prosecution are released from their office. See this link for additional details: http://www.ebrda.org/record_requests.php