As part of its mission, LOUIS provides training opportunities for member libraries. Many training opportunities are provided by LOUIS partners to ensure that consortium members are taking full advantage of the resources and services provided.
The LOUIS staff works with member libraries and vendors to identify needs and arrange for webinars or face-to-face training sessions to meet these needs. The LOUIS staff also facilitates training and development opportunities for new products, services, and technologies in the library industry.
The following is a sampling of vendor trainings offered in 2013:
- Eloquent Archiving / Digital Library Software webinar, August 29, 2013
- CONTENTdm 6.4 Release Walkthrough / OCLC webinar, June 20, 2013
- SirsiDynix On-Site Training for Centenary, May 7-16, 2013
- Digital Repository / LYRASIS webinar, April 24, 2013
- EDS: Beyond the Big Search Box / EBSCO webinar, April 9, 2-13
- EDS: Customizing & Optimizing EDS / EBSCO webinar, April 2, 2-13
- EDS: How Discovery Changes the Status Quo / EBSCO webinar, March 26, 2013
- RDA Toolkit in SirsiDynix – webinar by Ranny Lacanienta January 11, 2013
Most vendor webinars are recorded and made available to LOUIS members for future use. Each vendor has its own way of sharing recorded webinars. The LOUIS staff forwards email instructions to listservs to inform member library staff of recorded webinars.