The purpose of sharing sessions is to increase communication among LOUIS members, thereby strengthening the services offered by LOUIS and its partners through cooperation. These sessions are facilitated for the explicit purpose of LOUIS members sharing their experiences, ideas, and best practices.
LOUIS facilitates the sharing session, and a LOUIS staff member may act as moderator, but the emphasis is on the exchange of information among attending members, since those using the various systems and services are really the experts.
The Symphony Sharing Sessions are facilitated for those members who use the SirsiDynix Symphony Workflows ILS.
Symphony Sharing FAQs
What is the purpose of the Symphony Sharing Sessions?
- The Symphony Sharing Sessions are regional sharing opportunities designed to facilitate discussion among LOUIS member libraries
When are the sharing sessions scheduled?
- LOUIS hosts two Symphony Sharing sessions, one in north Louisiana and one session in south Louisiana, each summer to better accommodate all LOUIS members.
- The sharing sessions are always held after the COSUGI conference so that conference participants can share highlights and pertinent information at the sessions.
Who can attend the sessions?
- Any library staff from a LOUIS member library who works with Symphony Workflows.
- Any library staff from a LOUIS member library who is interested in implementing Symphony Workflows at their own site.
- Any library staff from a LOUIS member library who has any interest in ILS procedure and the Symphony Workflows software.
Where are the sharing sessions located?
- A sharing session is held in the north of the state and another in the south.
- LOUIS sends out a request for institutions to volunteer to host the sessions once planning begins mid-spring.
How are the sessions formatted?
- These sharing sessions are held annually and rely on the spirit of collaboration of the LOUIS consortium. Look for announcements of upcoming sharing sessions mid-spring.
- LOUIS staff are present to solicit and organize topics as well as coordinate the conversation.
- Unlike traditional sit-and-observe training opportunities, the sharing sessions allow LOUIS members to ask questions about how their colleagues across the state are using the SirsiDynix Symphony software such as common uses, issues and fixes.
- LOUIS strives to arrange for a representative from SirsiDynix to attend in an effort to provide additional avenues of feedback and to update the LOUIS membership on SirsiDynix current and upcoming products.
Who do I contact if I have a topic of interest?
- Email Jaime Barrilleaux at firstname.lastname@example.org