There is an open call for newsletter submissions, but you will need to submit by the 15th of the preceding month to be included in the current edition (i.e. June 15th for the July 2014 edition). The deadlines have been noted on the LOUIS calendar.
- Articles on current library topics
- Profiles of new/special services, projects, and programs at member libraries.
- Articles on new technology and their use(s) in the library.
- Updates on recent conference attendance (multiple perspectives desired!)
- Status reports from task force chairs and interest group moderators – things accomplished, things still to be done.
- Upcoming events in the state that relate to libraries.
- Sunday, June 15, 2014
- Monday, September 15, 2014
- Monday, December 15, 2014
- Sunday, March 15, 2015
The LOUIS newsletter is slated to resume publishing July 2014. We are starting fresh with a new electronic format and a new name! We’d like input, so we are running a title contest for the newsletter. The winner will be featured in our first issue. Submissions are due by March 31, 2014.
The new electronic version of the LOUIS newsletter will be published quarterly, beginning July 7, 2014. It will be published the Monday of the first full week in the months of July, October, and April. In January, it will be published the Monday of the second full week due to the Christmas and New Year holiday break.
2014-2015 Publication Dates
- Monday, July 7, 2014
- Monday, October 6, 2014
- Monday, January 12, 2015
- Monday, April 6, 2015
- January 2000, vol.8, no.1
- August 2000, vol.8, no.2