A single library cannot have every item a patron needs in its collection. In order to provide access to material(s) not owned by the library, it will often request the material(s) from another institution. This requesting process is known as interlibrary loan (ILL).
ILL is an important initiative that supports the consortium’s goal to further enhance member libraries’ collections through resource sharing. LOUIS facilitates this resource sharing through the support of the ILLiad software, which allows a library to increase staff productivity and reduces the paperwork associated with ILL.
ILLiad is a resource sharing management software that helps automate routine interlibrary loan functions. It is a tool that lets the staff at each member library manage all of the library’s borrowing, lending, and document delivery services through a single, Windows-based interface, and it lets users serve themselves, via an web interface.
- Delgado Community College
- Grambling State University
- Louisiana State University
- Louisiana State University Law Center
- Louisiana State University of Alexandria
- Louisiana State University Shreveport
- Louisiana Tech University
- Loyola University New Orleans
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law
- McNeese State University
- Nicholls State University
- Northwestern State University of Louisiana
- Southeastern Louisiana University
- Southern University
- Southern University Law Center
- Tulane University Law School
- University of Louisiana at Lafayette
- University of Louisiana at Monroe
- University of New Orleans
- Xavier University of Louisiana