Louisiana Technology Transfer Office (LTTO)
The LTTO was established in 1990 is operated by the Louisiana Business & Technology Center (LBTC) and is located at the LSU Innovation Park. The LTTO is one of several components of the LBTC, others are: the business incubator, the Mobile Classroom, and the Student Incubator. The LBTC operates the LTTO through funding provided by grants and contracts from Louisiana Economic Development, the Louisiana Board of Regents, NASA and the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The LBTC is designed to foster business relationships between Louisiana industry and federal laboratories by leveraging the research capabilities of those labs with the commercial development potential of the private sector. This mission is accomplished through the LBTC’s statewide activities and offices located on the LSU Innovation Park in Baton Rouge and an office at NASA’s John C. Stennis Space Center in Mississippi. The LBTC through LSU is mandated by Executive Order MJF 96-22 to maintain a Louisiana Technology Transfer Office at Stennis Space Center as the main point of contact for NASA’s Technology Transfer Program.
The mission of the LTTO includes:
- Matching Louisiana businesses with resources and expertise within the federal laboratory system.
- Visiting Louisiana companies to assess their technical needs and to offer solutions to their problems.
- Promoting the federal Small Business Innovation Research Program (SBIR) and the Small Business Technology Transfer Program (STTR) to Louisiana companies.
- Assisting Louisiana businesses in applying for and winning these grants and contracts.
- Accessing information from a network of technology resources including NASA, SERTTC, the Federal Laboratory Consortium for Technology Transfer.
- Facilitating technology transfer between federal agencies and Louisiana industries with emphasis on procurement, licensing and problem solving.
- Developing business plans, marketing plans, and other business strategies including the raising of seed and venture capital and debt financing.