What is LSU Discover?
A program to promote undergraduate research and creative opportunities, on and off campus, for all LSU undergraduate students in all disciplines. LSU Discover is the Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) as required by SACSCOC for reaffirmation of accreditation. To learn more about the QEP, click here.
What is the value of working on a research or creative project?
LSU Discover will provide students with opportunities to expand their knowledge and skills that will enhance their undergraduate experience and help students to become stronger, more successful graduates and professionals. There are also the benefits accrued through mentorship—a student’s opportunity to learn under the wing of an experienced, published researcher. By working alongside a faculty mentor, students gain insight into the research process as well as hands-on, real-world experience in their chosen field of study. This early experience provides a lifetime of benefits for students, arming them with the knowledge and skills to better prepare them for the workforce and higher education.
– Brandon Oubre, College of Science, Class of 2015
What are the skills and benefits gained from working on a research or creative project?
- Defines career goals and solidifies the choice of a major
- Improves problem solving ability and critical thinking skills
- Provides networking opportunities through mentorship
- Helps students to be more competitive as prospective employees
- Prepares students for continuing, graduate-level study
- Opportunity to apply classroom knowledge to real-world problem solving
What does LSU Discover offer for students?
– Erin Percevault, College of Art & Design, Class of 2015
How do I find out more about LSU Discover?
Please do not hesitate to contact us with your specific questions! Sign up for our newsletter to stay up-to-date with undergraduate research across campus.
332 Hatcher Hall | Office Hours 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.