The mission of the LSU Food Pantry is to provide supplemental food to students in need who may experience hunger or food insecurity.
Food insecurity is a prevalent, but mostly unaddressed, issue on college campuses nationwide, including at LSU. Some students may experience situational hunger or food insecurity while others may demonstrate chronic hunger or insecurity and need for continued support. Regardless of the circumstance, no students should have to choose between food and other basic needs. The Food Pantry exists to help ease that choice and provide support.
Shop the Pantry
To qualify for assistance, a student must be enrolled in the current semester or for the next regular semester, if between semesters. Students must also present a current LSU ID upon visiting the LSU Food Pantry. Students may visit the pantry two times per calendar week.
Students may request a reusable, insulated, zippered bag for Food Pantry shopping trips. This provides students a discreet way to go about their day without revealing that they have shopped the pantry.
The pantry is located in room 455 of the LSU Student Union. The fourth floor is accessible from the elevator located near Einstein Bagel Company on the first floor of the Student Union.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Thursday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Friday, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
Alternative Sources of Support When We're Closed
Scheduled Food Drives
March Madness Food Drive
Challenge your friends and other student orgs to give the most during the March Madness Food Drive.
We are snacks throughout March:
- single-serving bags of chips, pretzels, nuts, cookies, and fruit snacks
- granola bars
- pop tarts and other individually packaged breakfast pastries
- string cheese
- bite-size meals (frozen chicken nuggets, etc.)
- individually packaged meals (frozen burritos, pizzas, etc.)
Donations may be dropped at 455 LSU Student Union or faculty and staff may call 578-5160 and we will pick up your donation.
Ways to Donate
There are four easy ways to donate to the LSU Food Pantry:
(1) Donate items in 455 Student Union Building (this floor is accessible from the elevator nearest Einstein Bagel Company on the first floor). Faculty and staff members may call 578-5160 to arrange a pick-up from your office.
(2) Shop our Amazon wish list.
(3) Make a monetary donation.
(4) Faculty and staff can payroll deduct a donation.