Please refer to the 2015-2016 Graduate Catalog for current list of courses and course descriptions.
The course descriptions are posted as .rtf files. Please click on the course to see the course description.
7107 Use of Media in Libraries
7402 Cooperatives, Consortia and Networks
7406 Resources and Methods for Integrated Advisory Services
7501 Management of Information Systems
7503 Information Technology and Public Policy
7509 Oral History
7604 Principles of Records Management
Special Topics Courses May be taken for a maximum of 9 semester hours when topics vary.
7910 Special Topics in Archival Science
7911 Special Topics in Information Science
7912 Special Topics in Library Science
Graduate courses offered by other units at LSU may be counted toward the MLIS degree. The student must obtain permission of his/her advisor, the Director, and the instructor of the course before registration to ensure that the course will count toward the MLIS.
7900 Internships/Field Experiences
- LIS 7902 Field Experience in School Media Centers (3)
- LIS 7903 Field Experience in Special Libraries and Information Centers (3)
- LIS 7904 Field Experience in Academic Libraries (3)
- LIS 7905 Field Experience in Public Libraries (3)
- LIS 7906 Field Experience in Health Sciences Information Centers (3)
- LIS 7907 Field Experience in Information Management (3)
- LIS 7913 Field Experience in Archives (3)
8000 Thesis Research (1-9 per semester). “S”/”U” grading. While the MLIS is not a research degree and a thesis is not required, we offer a thesis option for students who are interested in learning to plan and execute significant research.