Please refer to the 2015-2016 Graduate Catalog for current list of courses and course descriptions.
Special Topics Courses May be taken for a maximum of 9 semester hours when topics vary.
7910 Special Topics in Archival Science
7911 Special Topics in Information Science
7912 Special Topics in Library Science
Graduate courses offered by other units at LSU may be counted toward the MLIS degree. The student must obtain permission of his/her advisor, the Director, and the instructor of the course before registration to ensure that the course will count toward the MLIS.
7900 Internships/Field Experiences
- LIS 7902 Field Experience in School Media Centers (3)
- LIS 7903 Field Experience in Special Libraries and Information Centers (3)
- LIS 7904 Field Experience in Academic Libraries (3)
- LIS 7905 Field Experience in Public Libraries (3)
- LIS 7906 Field Experience in Health Sciences Information Centers (3)
- LIS 7907 Field Experience in Information Management (3)
- LIS 7913 Field Experience in Archives (3)