Residential College – West Hall is the home to the Business Residential College (BRC) which was complete in spring 2008, and is part of the Residential College Complex (RCC). West Hall is an energy-efficient, state-of-the-art residence hall that has all of the amenities that the 21st century college student has come to expect. West Hall houses 220 students in 2-student suite-bath bedrooms, who are all business majors within the E. J. Ourso College of Business. Like all of the residence halls in the RCC, West Hall has a large, well-furnished common area with a big-screen TV, and similar common areas on every floor set up as libraries/study/activity rooms. There are small study rooms in every wing, as well as modern kitchen, and laundry facility. There are outdoor patios, balconies, and a large outdoor courtyard, all with wireless Internet access.
The RCC grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the 24-hour front desk for West Hall, and all of RCC residents, is in the next-door East hall. Also within East Hall is the Faculty-in-Residence, where an LSU faculty member and his/her family live, and participate in west side community events and serve as faculty advisers the RCC residents.
| ResCollege Complex
RCC narrated tour
RCC showroom 360°
Graduate Residence Director
Graduate Residence Director
Residence Hall features:
- 228 suite bath spaces
- Both male and female residents
- All-male floors and all-female floors with restricted card access
- Movable furniture (beds, desk, chair, wardrobe, chest)
- Sink in each room
- Loftable beds (up to 57” between floor and bed frame)
- Central air conditioning system with individual room controls
- Energy efficient windows and blind
- Wired and wireless Internet in the bedroom
- Wireless Internet throughout the facility
- Basic 76 channels of cable TV provided
- Phone service available (contracted separately)
- Specialized rooms for students with disabilities
- Wheelchair entrance and interior ramps
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom and kitchen
- Large, well-furnished common areas
- Study rooms on every wing
- Large outdoor courtyards, outdoor balconies, and patios
- Modern kitchen
- Laundry facility with Tiger Card or coin operation
- 24-hour front desk, common areas & faculty offices in next-door East Hall
- Close to the recently renovated The 5 dining facility
- Near the LSU Student Union, the Quad, and Middleton Library
- Close to Tiger Stadium, the PMAC, and other athletic facilities
- View Residence Hall Room Measurements
- Housing Price List
- Residential Colleges requirements summary sheet
The Business Residential College – West Hall, which opened in Spring 2008, is a community of the next generation of business leaders. Students in the Business Residential College will have unique educational and professional development opportunities available to them where they live.
- Residents will have priority scheduling for their business classes and take selected business classes with a cohort of other Business Residential College students.
- A tutoring program available to residents on site.
- On-site academic adviser and classrooms.
- As part of the E. J. Ourso College’s “Finish in Four” effort, residents of the Business Residential College will also receive special assistance to ensure that they complete their bachelor’s degrees in four years.
Part of the mission of the Business Residential College is to acclimate students to business culture. Residential Life staff conducts special seminars on topics such as resume writing and business etiquette to give students a head start in the professional environment. In addition, LSU Career Services hosts programs at the Business Residential College to help residents find and prepare for internships and full-time employment opportunities. Students will also have opportunities to interact with business professionals through a series of lectures and workshops designed to expose students to real-life business experiences.
The Business Residential College has required courses for students living in the college for Fall and Spring semesters. (click on “Course Requirements” for details)
Eligible students who wish to live in the Business Residential College (BRC) must be declared business majors and should list the BRC as their first choice for a residential hall on their housing application.
For more information, visit the E. J. Ourso College of Business Web site at business.lsu.edu