Residential College One – North Hall was built in 2012 as part of the Residential College One Complex (RCC), a beautifully landscaped area located on the west side of campus. The RCC includes three residence halls, North Hall, West Hall, and South Hall, as well as a fourth building, East Hall, that houses the community’s 24-hour front desk, staff offices, and a faculty-in-residence apartment. North Hall currently houses the Engineering Residential College (ERC), a community for first-year students majoring in engineering that is dedicated to helping develop the next generation of engineers, construction managers, and computer scientists, who will face the technical challenges of a global economy.
North Hall is an energy-efficient, state-of-the-art residence hall featuring all of the amenities that the 21st century college student has come to expect. North Hall houses 350 first-year students in 2-student, suite-bath rooms, who have a declared major in the College of Engineering.
Like all of the residence halls in the RCC, North Hall has a large, well-furnished common area with a big-screen TV, and common areas on every floor set up as libraries, study rooms, or general activity rooms. There are small study rooms in every wing, as well as a modern kitchen and laundry facility on the first floor for all residents to use. There are outdoor patios, balconies, and a large outdoor courtyard, all with wireless Internet access.
- Co-ed res hall with 350 beds
- Floors are either all male or all female floors with restricted card access
- Two-student rooms with suite-style bathrooms
- Sink in each room
- Loftable style of beds, two-part desk, desk chair, chest of drawers, and moveable wardrobe included in room
- Loftable beds can be adjusted in height with up to 57″ between floor & bed frame
- Energy efficient windows with blinds on windows
- Central air conditioning system with individual room controls
- Wireless connectivity throughout complex include in rent, as is wired internet connection and cable TV in rooms
- Coin and Tiger Card operated laundry
- Full kitchen with ice machine and vending options open 24/7 for residents
- Computer lab
- Study rooms on each floor
- Large library/study room on the second floor
- Large outdoor courtyards, balconies, and patios
- 24-hour front desk located in East Hall of the Res College One Complex
- Located on the west side of campus near athletic venues, Middleton Library, The 5 dining hall and more
- ADA compliant
- Room Measurements
- Res Hall Map
- Rent Rates
- North Hall Room Layout
- Video Tour of North Hall
- 360° View of Room
- Floor Plans
Each building/community on campus has a built-in support system for you. A residence life coordinator (RLC) is a master’s level professional who lives and works in your community. The RLC supervises a graduate resident director (GRD), a grad student who also lives and works in the hall. These two people lead the team of resident assistants (RA) who live on each floor and help you adjust to life on campus, get connected to resources, and host educational and fun programs. Here are your geaux-to people in North Hall:
Residence Life Coordinator
Graduate Residence Director
Stay Connected @NoBroLSU
Living on campus is a great way to make friends, get involved, and be a part of an engaging community! Get to know your hall staff and peers living in your community by connecting online through Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. We can’t wait for you to move in and call your new community #myLSUhome!