Residential College – North Hall is one of the newest residence halls in the Residential College Complex (RCC), completed in fall 2012. North Hall is an energy-efficient, state-of-the-art residence hall that has all of the amenities that the 21st century college student has come to expect. North Hall houses 350 students in 2-student suite bath rooms, and is home to the Engineering Residential College. Like all three residence halls in the RCC, North Hall has a large, well-furnished common area with a big screen TV, and similar common areas on every floor set up as libraries/study/activity rooms. There are smaller study rooms in every wing, as well as a modern kitchen, and laundry facility. There are outdoor patios, balconies, and a large outdoor courtyard, all with wireless Internet.
The grounds are beautifully landscaped, and the 24-hour front desk for North Hall and all RCC residents is in the next-door East Hall. Also within East Hall is the Faculty-in-Residence, where an LSU faculty member and his/her family live, and participate in west side community events and serve as faculty advisors to the RCC residents.
Click here to learn more about the Engineering Residential College
||Classroom and Common Areas
| ResCollege Complex
RCC narrated tour
RCC showroom 360°
Graduate Residence Director
Graduate Residence Director
Residence Hall features:
- 350 suite bath spaces
- Both male and female residents
- All-male floors and all-female floors with restricted card access
- Movable furniture (beds, desk, chair, wardrobe, chest)
- Sink in each room
- Loftable beds (up to 57” between floor and bed frame
- Central air conditioning system with individual room controls
- Energy efficient windows and blind
- Wired and wireless Internet in the bedroom
- Wireless Internet throughout the facility
- Basic 76 channels of cable TV provided
- Phone service available (contracted separately)
- Specialized rooms for students with disabilities
- Wheelchair entrance and interior ramps
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom and kitchen
- Large, well-furnished common areas
- Study rooms on every wing
- Large outdoor courtyards, outdoor balconies, and patios
- Modern kitchen
- Laundry facility with Tiger Card or coin operation
- 24-hour front desk, common areas & faculty offices in next-door East Hall
- Computer lab
- Close to the recently renovated The 5 dining facility
- Near the LSU Student Union, the Quad, and Middleton Library
- Close to Tiger Stadium, the PMAC, and other athletic facilities
- View Residence Hall Room Measurements
- Reslife Tour Map
- Housing Price List
- View slide show of residence halls
- Residential Colleges requirements summary sheet
The ERC Experience
The Engineering Residential College (ERC) has been housed in Residential College – North Hall since it opened in Fall 2012, but has been in the Residential College Complex since 2008. ERC is the living-learning community dedicated to helping develop the next generation of engineers and construction managers, who will face the technical challenges of a global economy.
- The ERC is open to first-year students with a declared major in engineering (including engineering undecided), construction management, or computer science or engineering undecided
- Students must enroll (or have completed) in college trigonometry or calculus courses.
- ERC residents will have priority scheduling for a set of first year English, math, and science courses, as well as Introduction to Engineering (ENGR 1050).
- On-site tutoring will be available as well as regularly scheduled academic advising with LSU College of Engineering counselors and faculty.
The primary goal of the ERC is to jump start students’ professional development by quickly acquainting them with the College of Engineering. The ERC will be the hub for a series of activities and programs hosted by student chapters of professional engineering societies (BESO, IEEE, ASCE, ASME, AIChE, SAE, AIAA, SPE). In partnership with LSU Career Services, ERC conducts training programs on resume development, mock interviewing and host corporate sponsored events aimed at exposing students to internship, co-op and long-term career engineering opportunities.
The Engineering Residential College has required courses for students living in the college for Fall and Spring semesters. (click on “Course Requirements” for details)
Admission Requirements & Eligibility
- Students must have declared an engineering or construction management major or be classified as engineering undecided.
- Students must also be enrolled in either college trigonometry (MATH 1022, 1023) or calculus (MATH 1550 or higher).
- Engineering Residential College students will be expected to enroll in at least two classes designated for the ERC.
- Eligible students must list ERC as their first choice for a residence hall on their housing application.