We're excited to welcome you to life on campus at LSU!
To help make your transition to college life as smooth as possible, move-in information will be posted here throughout the summer. Don't forget to check your LSU email frequently for important updates.
- Students with last names beginning with L-Z should check in between 8 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Students with last names beginning with A-K should check in between 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- All Honors students may check in earlier in the day to be able to attend planned Honors College events in the afternoon.
- Check-in at your hall or community’s front desk.
- All early arrivals must be with a pre-approved group, camp, or department sponsored event.
- Can’t make it by 2 p.m.? Don’t worry! You can check in at community’s front desk any day after August 16 between 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. Make sure to check in before the end of the first day of classes or your room will be reassigned to another student.
- Rooms will be held until 11:59 p.m. on August 21, 2017. Failure to check in by this time, or failure to notify Res Life of a required check-in time later than August 21, 2012, will result in the loss of your original room assignment and penalties.
Volunteer on Move-in Day
We invite current students, faculty and staff to be a part of a rich LSU celebration and tradition by volunteering a few hours of time on Move-In Day! You can make a difference on Wednesday, August 16, for our on-campus residents by helping everyone get moved into their new homes. We will supply you with a t-shirt to identify you as part of the LSU community to residents and family members.
If you are a returning student who is planning to live on campus in the fall and you volunteer on Move-in Day, you will be able to move into your room assignment on Tuesday, August 15*, with no additional charge for the extra day! (*WCA special condition apartments are excluded from this.)
If you would like additional information or are interested in signing up a large group of volunteers, please contact Bill Mattera.
Deadline to sign up is usually mid-July. Details will be posted soon.
Microfridge Rentals, Express Move In & Ship To School
We partner with University & Student Services to offer:
2017 information will be added as available.
2016 information: *Express Move In is only available in Miller Hall on August 11, 2016. In addition to the express move in fee charged by USS, residents will also incur daily rate charges for those nights not included in the express move in fee or greek recruitment fee. The additional nights will be posted to the student fee bill ($57 total for women participating in sorority recruitment for the nights of 8/11 and 8/12; $172 for women not participating in sorority recruitment for the nights of 8/11-8/16).