The Laville Honors House provides both a residence and a collegiate atmosphere for freshmen in the Honors College and upper division Honors students who choose to reside there. In the Laville Honors House, students live with a diverse peer group, participate in social, academic, and service activities, and interact with faculty within East Laville Hall and West Laville Hall. This environment allows for involvement and leadership through participation in Hall Government and Honors College student organizations.
Honors students living in the Laville Honors House will share an intellectual experience with a community of creative, high-achieving students. Living in the same residence hall as other Honors College classmates makes organizing study groups, sharing materials, and preparing group projects convenient. The Laville Honors House offers personal and cultural enrichment programs that address communication skills, career choices, studying abroad, and a variety of other subjects. The Laville Honors House is located on the LSU campus, near the LSU Union, Student Recreational Sports Complex, and the newly renovated 459 Dining Commons.
Distinguished faculty not only teach the Honors College courses, but also create a connection between the classroom and student life. Among the best instructors at LSU, the faculty of the Honors College participate in hall activities and offer themselves to the students as mentors and friends. Honors faculty are truly unique in that they become involved in the many aspects of student life. The faculty join students at meals, pre-game gatherings during football season, theater nights, discussions of current events, and more.
- In-hall study groups
- In-hall tutoring programs
- Formal and informal programs, such as lectures, weekly teas, and study sessions
- Opportunities for students to interact with professors in a relaxed setting
- Priority scheduling for honors classes
- Residents take selected classes with a cohort of their residential college peers
- On-site academic classrooms (Note: Not all classes are taught on-site.)
- Honors College faculty advisers have offices in East and West Laville Hall
Requirements & Eligibility
- The Honors House has required courses for first-year students living in the residential college for fall and spring semesters.
- Open to Honors students of all years
- Eligible students must select the Honors House as their housing preference on the first page of the housing application to be considered for the program. Laville Honors House will automatically be listed as the choice of building for the Honors House. Students can indicate roommate preferences on the housing application as well.
- Students will be notified of their acceptance into the Honors House in mid-spring, and the Residential Life assignments staff will begin making room assignments in March.
- Residential Colleges Requirements At-a-Glance
LSU Honors College
205 French House
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Honors House Faculty Rector
Granger Babcock, Rector