Residential Life’s 20 residence halls are organized as residential colleges, the Honors House, themed housing, and traditional halls. Also offered are upper-class student apartments and family and graduate student housing options. With so many options, there’s something for everyone:
Residential colleges enjoy all the same amenities and features of traditional residence halls, but they also maximize the on-campus living experience by creating smaller communities and fostering greater student–faculty interaction beyond the classroom. Residential colleges are for first-year students, and are either major-specific or interest-based and open to all majors.
- Discipline Based: Agriculture, Business, Engineering, Global Connections for Humanities & Social Sciences, Mass Communication, and Science
- Interest Based: Career Discovery and Herget Freshman Experience
Laville Honors House
East and West Laville Halls are home to the Laville Honors House, which provides both a residence and a academically-focused collegiate atmosphere – like a residential college – to freshmen in the Honors College as well as upper class Honors students who choose to reside there. In the Laville Honors House, students live with a diverse peer group, participate in social, academic, and service activities, and interact with faculty outside of the classroom.
Themed housing is similar to a residential college, but on a smaller scale. Participants live within a traditional hall, take one class with their cohort, and participate in activities together.
- Leadership & Service Living-Learning Community in a portion of LeJeune Hall
- Sophomore Gold in one building in East Campus Apartments
- Tiger Bridge Program in Acadian Hall (invitation only)
Traditional housing options at LSU simply mean the residence hall, or part of the hall, is open to all years of students and all majors.
- Blake, Miller, McVoy, Kirby Smith, Highland, Louise Garig, Annie Boyd, Beauregard, Jackson, Taylor, and LeJeune Halls
We know not all Tigers are coming straight from high school. Family & Gradute housing options are available to full-time LSU students 21 years or older, graduate students, married students, post-doctoral students, or single parents.