See Yourself at LSU….We Do!
Graduate Assistantship Positions
Graduate Residence Director (GRD) – live-in position (anticipated vacancies)
Graduate Assistant for Staffing & Organizational Development (no vacancies currently)
Graduate Assistant for Policy & Process (no vacancies currently)
Graduate Assistant for Training & Leadership Development (no vacancies currently)
Graduate Assistant for Student Success and Assessment Initiatives (no vacancies currently)
- Fully furnished apartment inside one of our residence halls on campus (GRDs only)
- Part of your compensation will be an allotted amount of meals per semester to dine in dining facilities including The 459 Commons, The 5, Taco Bell, Papa Johns, Chick-Fil-A, and more. Visit LSU Dining for more information: (GRDs only)
- 10% discount on supplies and books purchased at the Barnes and Noble Union Bookstore
- You are provided a UREC gym membership through student fees. Visit the UREC site for more information.
- Tuition support in accordance with the LSU Graduate School policies
Professional Development & Opportunities
As a Graduate Assistant at LSU, there are many opportunities for professional development within the department and LSU campus as a whole.
- Advising Experiences—Community Council, NRHH, Student Conduct Board, student organizations, etc.
- Living-Learning Communities—LSU is home to many living-learning communities and each provides a unique experience for our students.
- Mentoring—All of the Residence Education professional staff are Masters-level professionals with degrees in Higher Education or a related field. Graduate Assistants have a great opportunity to be mentored by professionals in the field of higher education and student affairs.
- Teaching Opportunities— RA training, and the Ethical Decision Making Course.
- Committee Involvement— Gain valuable experience through your involvement in various departmental committees.
- Residence Education Team Meetings & Professional Development—weekly, the entire Res Ed team meets for staff meetings or to discuss topics of professional development.
- Young Professionals Luncheon—Young professionals from around LSU’s campus gather monthly and eat lunch with a leader on campus (such as Dean of Students, Vice Chancellor, etc) for open discussion. This is a great way to network within the LSU Community and meet other professionals.
- Opportunity to serve as a conduct hearing officer.
- Professional Development Funds for conference travel when available.
Send a cover letter, resume, and list of contact information for three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Priority deadline to apply is February 17, 2012 but applications are accepted until all positions are filled.
We will be interviewing at the Southern Placement Exchange (SPE).
Graduate School Information
Timeline and Process
Resume: Submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three references email@example.com
Phone Interviews: We are offering limited phone interviews for those candidates unable to attend SPE.
Representatives from Louisiana State University will be attending the Southern Placement Exchange in Memphis, TN, February 23-25, 2012. if you are attending and are interested in meeting representatives, please contact us through the Southern Placement Exchange.Employer #E020
On-campus offers: Invitations for on-campus visits will start immediately after the placement exchange and phone interviews.
Residential Life Graduate Assistantship On-campus Interviews:
- March 15 and 16
- March 22 and 23
- March 29 and 30, if needed
Candidates attending the On-Campus Interview Days will be expected to arrive on campus on the first day of each weekend by 4 p.m. and depart on the evening of the second day. During the On-Campus Interviews, candidates will be hosted by current staff, go through several traditional interviews with administrative and Graduate Assistants, participate in an interactive exercise with RA staff, have the opportunity for campus tours, as well as meet faculty from the Student Affairs program. (More extensive information will be provided to those offered on-campus visits).
Offers: We expect to be able to begin offering positions no later than April 1, 2012. If you have not been accepted to a graduate program by that date, any offer will be pending your acceptance.