Welcome to LSU! We know not all Tigers come straight from high school, and we’re excited to show you on-campus living options to better fit your needs. Family & Graduate Housing options in Edward Gay Apartments are available to full-time LSU students 21 years or older, graduate students, married students, or single parents. Located just a short walk away from your classes, laboratories, libraries, and all the events the university has to offer, Edward Gay Apartments offers a comfortable place to live at an affordable price.
How to Apply
There is currently a wait list for Edward Gay Apartments. While we will continue to accept applications, all applications will be placed on the wait list and are not guaranteed an apartment. As apartments become available our staff will reach out to applicants on the wait list to offer apartments.
Any applications that remain on the wait list and we are unable to offer an apartment to will receive a refund of the application fee and advanced rent. This refund is only available to applicants who are not offered an apartment. The credit card processing fee is non-refundable.
All applications must be completed online. Use this step-by-step application guide to complete the online application process.
Applications are no longer being accepted for Nicholson Apartments.
- CONTINUING RESIDENTS: If you currently live in Edward Gay Apartments and want to renew your housing contract for fall 2016, you must complete the online contract renewal process. Nicholson resident should see the Apartments Office to get on the Edward Gay transfer list. To complete the application, $100 non-refundable advance rent payment and $10 non-refundable processing fee will be required. The $100 advance rent will be applied toward your fall rent. If you complete the application for contract renewal and cancel your apartment contract, the advance rent and fees are non-refundable. The contract you will sign during contract renewal is now an academic year contract, from August 1, 2016 – May 31, 2017. Penalties for breaking the contract and vacating prior to May 31, 2017, will be in accordance with section E.3 of the contract.
- NEW RESIDENTS: To apply to live in Edward Gay, you must complete the online application. To complete the application, $100 non-refundable advance rent payment, $50 application fee and $10 non-refundable processing fee will be required. The $100 advance rent will be applied toward your fall rent. If you complete the application and cancel your apartment contract, the advance rent and fees are non-refundable. The contract you sign during the application process is an academic year contract, from August 1, 2016 – May 31, 2017. Penalties for breaking the contract and vacating prior to May 31, 2017, will be in accordance with section E.3 of the contract.
Nicholson Gateway Project Update
The Nicholson Gateway Project began in 2013 as a project to transform the Nicholson Drive corridor into an exciting new gateway to campus. The beginning of the project focuses on the Nicholson Gateway, where the current Nicholson Apartments will be replaced with updated student housing for upperclassmen and graduate students that is competitive with off-site offerings.
Construction along Nicholson Drive is slated to begin in fall 2016, thus making it necessary to vacate Nicholson Apartments Unit I and II after the 2015-16 academic year.
Residential Life is working with current Nicholson Apartment residents to transfer to our other family housing unit, Edward Gay Apartments, to relocate to an off-campus location, or to secure a space in on-campus undergraduate apartments for 2016-17. We understand many residents have enjoyed the convenient, affordable Nicholson Apartments for years, and we want to make this transition as easy as possible for everyone involved. We value you as a resident, and want to thank you in advance for your cooperation as we navigate this change together.
All updates impacting Nicholson Apartment Residents will be posted here, emailed to students’ LSU email addresses, added to the email archive, and posted on apartment doors.
February Update: Move out information was emailed to Nicholson residents.
Spring 2016 Update: Applications are no longer being accepted for Nicholson Apartments
7/9/2015 Update: Initial Announcement Emails Sent to Residents
7/20/15 Update: Single Nicholson Apartment residents can now request a transfer to Edward Gay Apartments. To request a transfer, go to Edward Gay Apartments Office by July 27, 2015 to complete a transfer request form and confirm your moving details with the staff in the Apartments Office.
Contact the Apartment Office
- Michael Dobrin, Apartment Community Residence Life Coordinator: 225-334-5191
- Assignments Office: 225-334-5198
- Mailing address and physical location:
LSU Apartment Housing Office
275 W. Roosevelt St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802