Nicholson and Edward Gay Apartments on campus at Louisiana State University are a short walk away from your classes, laboratories and libraries, and all the events the University has to offer. Built between 1954 and 1967, the Nicholson and Edward Gay Apartments are basic cinder-block constructions with tile floors. All apartments come unfurnished, but each unit is equipped with a refrigerator and a stove. Rent includes all utility costs (electricity, gas, sewage, and water) and basic cable service.
The below information applies to Ed Gay Apartments, as well as Nicholson Unit I & Unit II Apartments. There is a separate page for each of these apartments with features and picture galleries.
- Apartments are available only to full-time LSU students 21 years or older, graduate students, married students, post-doctoral students, or single parents
- Assignments are processed according to application date
- Apartment office does not assign roommates
- A renting student may choose to live with a roommate of the same gender who meets the requirements of living in the apartments (full-time LSU student, 21 years of older)
Contract Offer and Billing
- Contracts are per semester
- Apartments are open year round
- Residents may choose to move into the apartments at the beginning of the contract period – fall, spring, or summer
- Rent can be paid on a monthly basis or be included in the fee bill
- Download the Contract
- Housing Price List
- Family & Graduate Apartments Frequently Asked Questions
- Family & Graduate Apartments map
- Pets are not allowed in the Nicholson and Edward Gay Apartments
- The only exception to this rule are fish housed in 30-gallon or smaller aquariums
- To support the rights of all residents, all Family and Graduate Housing apartments are smoke-free
- Smoking is prohibited inside the apartments, in the individual rooms, on balcony and patio areas, in the laundry facilities and any public areas within the Edward Gay and Nicholson Apartment complexes
- Smoking areas are located at least 25-feet away from the building for residents and their guests
- The application form should be mailed along with $150 check or money order payable to the Department of Residential Life to:
LSU Apartment Housing Office
275 W. Roosevelt St.
Baton Rouge, LA 70802
- For additional information regarding the Nicholson and Edward Gay Apartments, call the Apartment Assignment Office at 225-334-5198
To view a copy of the Ed Gay and Nicholson Apartments contract, click here
Nicholson Apartments – Unit III (not available for leasing)
In preparations for the Nicholson Gateway Renovation Project, the Nicholson Unit III Apartments are no longer available for leasing.