The Edward Gay Apartments are basic cinderblock construction units, built in the 1950′s and 1960′s, with tile floors, central heat, and air conditioning. They are located on Aster Street on the very north end of the campus, next to the Tiger Band Hall and across the street from Kirby Smith Hall, Cypress Hall, and West Campus Apartments.
The Ed Gay Apartments have a large international community with residents and their families from all over the world. Residents appreciate the complex as a convenient, affordable housing option.
Features and General Information:
- Two-bedroom apartments have about 540 square feet of living space
- Three-bedroom apartments have about 645 square feet of living space
- Units are unfurnished, and come with a stove and refrigerator
- Units include central air and heat, local phone service, mini-blinds, outside storage closets, and a coin-operated laundry facility
- Cinderblock construction
- Security fence, security cameras and gated parking
- Modern fenced-in playground
- Family & Graduate Housing Office located on the Ed Gay property
- Close to Middleton Library and the Quad
- Close to Highland Road, with access to shops, restaurants, and a drug store
Floor Plans and Room Layouts: