The Edward Gay Apartments are basic cinderblock construction units, built in the 1950′s and 1960′s, with tile floors, central heat, and air conditioning. They are located on Aster Street on the very north end of the campus, next to the Tiger Band Hall and across the street from Kirby Smith Hall, Cypress Hall, and West Campus Apartments.
The Ed Gay Apartments have a large international community with residents and their families from all over the world. Residents appreciate the complex as a convenient, affordable housing option.
Features and General Information:
- Two-bedroom apartments have about 540 square feet of living space
- Three-bedroom apartments have about 645 square feet of living space
- Units are unfurnished, and come with a stove and refrigerator
- Units include central air and heat, local phone service, mini-blinds, outside storage closets, and a coin-operated laundry facility
- Rent includes all utility costs (electricity, gas, sewage, and water) and basic cable TV service
- Cinderblock construction with tile floors
- Security fence, security cameras and gated parking
- Modern fenced-in playground
- Family & Graduate Housing Office located on the Ed Gay property
- Close to Middleton Library and the Quad
- Close to Highland Road, with access to shops, restaurants, and a drug store
- Apartments are open year round, but are rented for an academic year contract time with the option to continue for the summer term.
- Rent can be paid on a monthly basis or be included in the fee bill.
- Pets are not allowed, except for fish housed in 30-gallon or smaller aquarium.
- The Apartment Office does not assign roommates. A renting student may choose to live with a roommate of the same gender who meets the requirements of living in the apartments.
- To support the rights of all residents, all Family & Graduate Housing apartments and surrounding areas are smoke and tobacco-free. LSU is a tobacco-free campus as of August 1, 2014.
- Apartments are only available to full-time LSU students 21 years or older, graduate students, married students, post-doctoral students, or single parents.
- All residents must be in compliance with the Family & Graduate Living on Campus Handbook.
Floor Plans and Room Layouts: