Live on campus again! We’re excited to give current students living on campus the opportunity to renew their contracts for the 2015-16 academic year. Whether you want to live in a residence hall or an apartment, we’ve got you covered.
Renewing your contract is easy:
- Review the Contract Renewal Guide for the detailed schedule. The general timeline is below.
- Renew your contract and search for roommates starting February 23, 2015
- Select your housing assignment and invite a roommate if you want to
- Pay your $250 advance rent to secure your space
- Continue enjoying the convenience on living on campus
Contract Renewal Dates:
- February 23 – March 6: All students interested in renewing their contracts can begin the contract renewal application and search for and accept roommates before selecting a room/apartment during the dates below.
- March 9-12: Reserve space in East Campus Apartments or West Campus Apartments
- March 16-19: Reserve space in Available Residence Halls
You must be a continuing student currently living on campus this spring 2015 to be eligible for the online application/assignment process.
New student assignments for fall 2015 will not begin until after the Contract Renewal Process is complete. If you’re not currently living on campus and would like to join us, please come to Grace King Hall to learn more or call us at 225-578-8663.
To better accommodate your roommate preferences, you will be allowed to invite other residents into available spaces in your room or apartment. Make sure to review the step-by-step instructions in the guide book to have your preferred roommates ready. You will only be able to invite roommates who appear in your “Accepted Roommates” list in the online housing portal.
Residential Life will continue the requirement for the 2015-2016 Contract Renewal process of a $250 (non-refundable) advanced rent due at contract renewal for both on-campus apartments and residence halls. Payment must me made during the online renewal process with either a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express) or a bank draft. The entire $250 will be applied toward regular rent in the fall. There is no net increase to the amount of rent paid, and no increase to the amount of deposit held. For those students that reserve a space, pay their fee bill, and move into their on campus housing,advance rent will not cost any more money. However, those that cancel their assignment will forfeit the entire $250 advance rent amount.
Students who use scholarship money for their on-campus rent will need to pay the advance rent during the online renewal process with a credit card or bank draft. Advance rent will not affect the amount covered by scholarship. Once the scholarship funds are applied to the student’s fee bill, the entire housing charge will be paid, and any overage in the student account will be refunded to the student’s Bursar account.
The advance rent program is part of Residential Life’s concerted effort to keep apartment and residence hall spaces open and available to those students who are truly serious about staying on campus.