|Gretchen Stein Rhodes
Proposal Development Specialist
|Crissie Johnson Molina
- Problem-oriented studies in which an interdisciplinary approach is required to address complex societal problems
- Establishment or renewal of multi-disciplinary and/or multi-institutional research centers of excellence
- Major instrumentation requests for large-scale research facilities
- Creation of interdisciplinary research and training programs for undergraduate and graduate students
- Name of funding agency and program, RFP/RFA (provide the URL or submit the PDF with your request), due date, and estimated requested funds.
- Briefly describe the intellectual contribution of the project and the potential benefit to the university.
- Identify which of the seven priority research focal areas will be supported by this project. If multiple areas will be supported, please indicate so.
- Explain how the project is multi-disciplinary and/or multi-institutional in nature. Identify the departments or units that will be involved in this project. If multi-institutional, identify the collaborating institutions.
- Describe the long-term impacts of the project for both LSU’s research mission and the State of Louisiana.
- If applicable, describe how the proposed project will either establish a major national center of excellence or lay the foundation for establishing one in the near future.
- If the proposed project was previously submitted for funding but was not successful, reviews from prior submissions should be included as well.
- Proposal Development Request Form
- Create and maintain a contact list of collaborators working on the proposal Schedule and attend planning meetings, create and distribute agendas and action items as needed
- Draft a project timeline for the team with target dates for each phase of the proposal development process
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the RFP and sponsor guidelines
- Create budgets and budget justifications and liaison with external collaborators to obtain budgets and institutional commitments
- Draft letters of commitment/support as needed, collect biosketches, facilities and resources information, etc.
- Complete proposal forms and obtain institutional signatures and approvals
- Closely work with ORED senior administrators to ensure timely execution of each project.
- Provide basic style guidelines for the creation of all portions of the proposal, including citation methods
- Create a file naming and track changes system to help track versions of proposal documents
- Edit all documents for flow, sentence structure, syntax, grammar, and style
- Ensure that all cross references are accurate throughout the document
- Format and paginate document, create table of contents, check bibliography and notation for consistency and correctness
- Make available templates and sample formatting as requested for the creation of all proposal documents
- Review proposal to ensure it meets all preparation guidelines