LSU Discover – LSU’s QEP is to enhance student learning at LSU by strengthening and expanding undergraduate research opportunities for all students, in all curricula. LSU’s mission, “to be a leading research-extensive university” will be reinforced through the implementation of this project. The goal of LSU Discover is to develop an undergraduate research model , the fundamental elements of which can be generalized across all interested disciplines while maintaining the flexibility to accommodate necessary disciplinary differences.
The mission of the Office of Undergraduate Research is to maintain the quality of undergraduate education and the academic success of undergraduate students at LSU by
- Creating new curricular and extra-curricular activities
- Advocating for undergraduate students and their academic issues
- Managing Institute policies affecting undergraduate students
- Ensuring student success through advising, tutoring, and learning support
- Enhancing and coordinating intellectual development, experiential learning, and faculty/students interactions
For more information regarding programs and opportunities click here
The Office of Undergraduate Research is located in David Boyd Hall. For questions regarding the Office of Undergraduate Research, please contact Dr. Randy Duran at email@example.com.