Here you will receive information and highlights of research being conducted by the LSU faculty, research staff, graduate and undergraduate students. LSU is a land-, sea-, and space-grant institution and is a comprehensive State Flagship university. It has academic programs in all areas of science, engineering, humanities, arts and social sciences. Our research enterprise encompasses every aspect of a major research university with a Carnegie Classification: Research Active/Very High. We have made strategic investments in seven areas of multidisciplinary/transdiciplinary focus as described in our Strategic Plan. I invite you to explore our website further to obtain specific knowledge about these initiatives.
This website is also a veritable source of information for research opportunities, compliance issues and research accomplishments for our faculty and staff. Our faculty and students have won major awards both national and international. ORED is also invested heavily in all economic development activities of relevance to the State of Louisiana and looks forward to mutually beneficial research agreements with all private and foundation partners. Whether you are a small start-up, or a major industry looking for research partnership, we have the faculty and staff to help you realize them.
Kalliat T. Valsaraj
Vice President for Research & Economic Development
To enhance, expand and positively impact the intellectual enterprise, cultural resources, and economic activities within the State of Louisiana, the Nation and, the world.
To support a holistic, university-wide environment in which advanced research, effective scholarship, and economic development can thrive and support the LSU Flagship 2020 Agenda.
Enhance Research Initiatives
• Focus Areas: Create a supportive environment for established and/or emerging multidisciplinary research initiatives with local, national and international partners.
Develop Research Enterprise and Expand Economic Development
• Faculty Development/Institutional Resources: Enable and enhance high impact scholarly research and creative activities on campus.
• Research Infrastructure: Facilitate the necessary infrastructure for an environment that promotes a thriving research enterprise.
• Economic Development/Technology Transfer: Advance and support the economic and work force development emphasis in the State.
Increase Research Communications
• Research Communication: Enhance the image of LSU as an internationally prominent research institution.