Applied coastal environmental science is geared toward students who plan on employment in the oil and gas industry, environmental consulting, and/or state and federal agencies.
If you are interested in:
- Applying scientific knowledge to real world situations;
- Developing & implementing environmental policy and best practices in the social science side of environmental issues and science;
- Pursuing work in industry or public sector scientific jobs; or
- Continuing into graduate studies for Master’s of Public Administration (MPA) or law school,
then this concentration will get you where you need to be.
Environmental science and research has an academic research focus.
If you have demonstrated strength in science, math, and complex problem-solving, and are interested in pursuing:
- Scientific discovery & research;
- Graduate or medical school;
- A career in research either in the private or public sector,
then this concentration will lead you in the direction you should go.
Both concentrations have a solid science base and the potential to get involved in research. The program has a low teacher-student ratio, so small classes are guaranteed, and all classes are taught by faculty members with PhDs.
Bachelor of Science in Coastal Environmental Science
Coastal environmental scientist, ecologist, environmental biochemist, environmental remediation technician, natural resource planner