LSU administers all Title IV federal programs which are based on a student’s demonstrated financial need. Funds received from the federal programs help students cover school expenses, including tuition and fees, room and board, books and supplies, and transportation. All such programs are subject to regulations authorized by the United States Department of Education, as well as university policies consistent with these federal regulations and are subject to change.
Detailed information on these programs can be found at http://www.lsu.edu/financialaid/.
LSU Online Calendar
If a graduate student is given an “I” (Incomplete) grade in an LSU Online course, they have until the final day of class in the next module, whether they register for the next module or not, to complete their work.
Academic Partnerships (AP)
Technology Information and Support
- LSU Online: Technical Requirements
- LSU Online: Getting Started: Technical Requirements and Support
- Moodle 2: Preferences & Settings: Internet Explorer Browser Issues
- All Moodle GROK Articles
- LSU Helpdesk
In collaboration with other university departments, is committed to providing appropriate auxiliary aids and services for students with disabilities in an effort to ensure their full participation in all activities, programs, and services to the university. Disability Services (DS) is dedicated to promoting the self-advocacy of students with disabilities and is committed to working with the LSU administration on the development and revisions of policies and procedures relevant to students with disabilities. DS also serves as a source of disability-related information for the university.
CANDIDATES FOR MASTER’S DEGREES: Applicability of specific criteria will vary, depending on your program, but everyone MUST complete the application for degree by the graduation deadline. For programs with a comprehensive exam, a Master’s Examination request must be submitted by the appropriate deadline.
CANDIDATES FOR POST-BACCALAUREATE CERTIFICATE: TBA
Important Deadlines: Please note that LSU Online commencement ceremonies coincide with the LSU academic year, not the LSU Online module schedule. Please review the appropriate LSU Online calendar for your intended graduation year:
Please check the following links for information about preparing for graduation:
- Commencement Caps and Gowns — Please contact Barnes & Noble At LSU (http://lsu.bncollege.com) for commencement caps, gowns, frames, or any of your commencement materials. To purchase announcements or rings, please go directly to Balfour at (http://www.balfour.com/).
- Exit Counseling — Students who take out loans through the Federal Stafford Loan Program must complete an exit counseling session before graduating.
- Outstanding fees, fines, and other obligations to the University must be paid prior to the deadline.
- Ordering Cap and Gown — Check for deadlines with the LSU Bookstore at the number provided through the link.
- Ordering Graduation Announcements
- FERPA “Buckley Hold” – Students who have placed a hold on their records should be aware that their name will be withheld from any news releases (e.g., graduation lists) as well as publication in the commencement program. If you would like to reconsider the decision you have made, please check link and follow the instructions.
- Transcript Requests
- Mailed Diploma
- LSU Alumni Association — Congratulations! You’ve made it! You are now eligible for membership in the LSU Alumni Association