Performance Events Information
State Rally offers performance events in Drama, Music, and Speech. Students who have earned a “Superior” rating at District Rally or approved LHSRA event are eligible to enter these performance events.
In order to participate in the performance events offered at State Rally, the school rally coordinator must complete the online performance event entry form for each performance event that the school is eligible to enter. All entry forms must be submitted online by Friday, March 18, 2016, the deadline in order to complete registration.
Performance Event Eligibility & Policies
Students must meet one of the following criteria to be eligible to enter State Rally Performance Events:
- Certified by District Rally Directors as Bona Fide Qualifiers, or,
- Verified by Official Results of the LHSRA sanctioned District Drama Rallies as “Superior” rated performers, or,
- Verified by Official Results of the LMEA District Music Festival as “Superior” rated performers, or,
- Verified by Official Results of the LHSRA sanctioned District Speech Rallies as “Superior” rated performers.
- Verified by Official Results of the Vonnie Borden Speech Festival as “Superior” rated performers.
Performance Events Offered
- One Act Play
- Vocal Solos
- Girl’s High Voice (Soprano)
- Girl’s Low Voice (Alto)
- Boy’s High Voice (Tenor)
- Boy’s Low Voice (Bass)
- Boys’ Quartet (Tenor, Tenor, Bass, Bass)
- Mixed Quartet (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass)
- Girls’ trio (Soprano, Soprano, Alto)
- Extemporaneous Speaking
- Interpretive Reading
- Original Oratory