Welcome to the LSU Student Incubator! If you have ever wanted to start and grow your own business, the student incubator can help you turn your dream into a reality. Escape the distractions of coffee shops and roommates and work in an environment specifically created to help you succeed. Surrounded by like-minded student entrepreneurs, more than 30 Louisiana Business & Technology Center (LBTC) tenant companies, and a staff of consultants, the incubator is more than just office space. It is the first step to becoming a successful entrepreneur.
Ideally located at the LSU Innovation Park, the 1,200-square foot student incubator provides shared work space and a collaborative business environment for new student ventures. You bring the business concept and the student incubator provides facilities, professional meeting spaces, furniture and equipment, and mentoring for you to start, operate, and grow your business. The LBTC has successfully helped more than 500 entrepreneurs turn their ideas into businesses.
The LSU Student Incubator will assist you with developing your business idea into a functioning business entity so you can seriously consider your business as a career option upon graduation. LBTC staff and LSU Flores MBA graduate assistants will provide consulting on business feasibility, business planning, marketing, and financial modeling for each student business. The LBTC will work with you to find funding for viable business models.
Volunteers from the business community and the LBTC Advisory Board will serve as mentors and provide training seminars for student incubator companies. They will share their experiences and provide valuable knowledge in areas such as accounting, financial literacy and education, management, and marketing.
Watch our video here: LSU Student Incubator 2013
- Shared workspace
- Meeting/Conference Rooms
- Access to Computer and Copier
- Professional Building Management
- Packaging and Shipping Services
- Basic Utilities
- Internet Access
- Janitorial Service
- Building Security
- Convenient Parking
- Access to A/V Presentation Equipment
- Professional Receptionist
- Management Assistance
- Technology Transfer Assistance
- Photocopying & Duplicating Services
- Access to Library & Information Sources
- Facsimile Availability
- Management assistance and small business counseling services
- Assistance in developing business plans, marketing plans, business skills, and strategies
- Financial analysis and education on accessing capital
- Entrepreneurial education and training
- Referral to fee-based professional and advisor resources
- A network of university, community, and business professionals
The LSU Student Incubator is accepting applications from ALL LSU students at this time. All eligible applicants are encouraged to complete the application and submit it to the LSU Student Incubator’s application committee for review and consideration.
Funding provided by: LSU, LBTC, the William Edwin Montan Charitable Trust, and the LBIA Incubator Grant Program funded by Louisiana Economic Development.