Photography Policy and Etiquette for Media and Commercial Photographers
Professional photographers please call 225-767-6916.
A $40/hour session fee is required for each photographic shoot at Hilltop. If you have more than one client on the same day, a session fee is required for each client. You must call at least one week ahead to schedule an appointment time. Upon appointment confirmation you may pay your fees with cash, Visa or Mastercard, or by check made out to the “Friends of Hilltop Arboretum.”
The photography/videography guidelines outlined here include all wedding, family, engagement, prom, graduation, holiday, children or similar events and situations. Those who have rented the facility for a function make take photographs during their rental time at no additional fee.
- Do not enter flowerbeds, plant displays, mulched areas or ravines.
- Remain on the pathways and grassy turf at all times.
- Do not injure, disturb, damage or deface any plant, feature or animal.
- No alcoholic beverages may be brought in.
- Do not block access to the entrance, pathways, or garden areas.
Please remember that any party who has booked a private event in a particular location of the arboretum has the exclusive right to that reserved area. The arboretum reserves the right to refuse admittance for photography/videography and/or to change its photo policy without advance notice.