GARDEN DESIGN TIPS, IDEAS, AND INSPIRATION for residential design, including lectures, studio exercises and garden tours!
Featuring Designers Neil Odenwald and Van Cox
Tuesday Mornings, 9am-12noon, Mar 3, 10, 17, 24, 31 & Apr 14, 2015
$250 Members/$285 Non-Members
Registration is now open online click here!
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
- Anyone interested in learning more about small scale residential design
- Master Gardener’s receive 18 CEU’s
- All who complete the program receive a certificate of completion
The Friends of Hilltop Arboretum’s second annual six-part design program “Garden Design Tips, Ideas, and Inspiration” will feature Neil Odenwald and Van Cox at Hilltop’s Imogene Newsom Brown Education Facility. Neil and Van offer inspiring design tips and ideas that to enable participants to create their own residential garden plans, and express themselves like a designer. Likewise, Neil and Van are looking forward to learning about design tips and ideas from those who participate.
THROUGH INTERACTIVE ACTIVITIES YOU WILL LEARN TO USE …
- Basic design principles-building blocks for a garden plan
- Simple drawing techniques for expressing design ideas
- Photography to build a digital library of garden features
- Garden tours as a source of design elements
- Native and adapted plants
- European and U.S. garden history for inspiration
- Garden accessories, structures, water and sculpture
- Design vocabulary to present your ideas
COURSE MATERIALS INCLUDED IN FEE …
- A plant material reference “Plants for American Landscapes” by Neil G. Odenwald, Charles F. Fryling and Thomas E. Pope
- A design sketchbook, (2) #2 pencils, (1) drawing pencil #314, and (1) pink pearl eraser
- All other needed supplies will be provided
REFRESHMENTS WILL INCLUDE …
- Morning coffee breaks with snacks
Neil Odenwald, PhD., FASLA, Professor Emeritus and former Director, School of Landscape Architecture, LSU. Author of five books, including award-winning reference Southern Plants.
Van Cox, FASLA, Professor Emeritus, currently Interim Director, School of Landscape Architecture, LSU. Graduate of LSU Landscape Architecture and Art.