Select a tab at the top to view all information.
You will receive notification from our office through your myLSU account if your application has been selected for verification. Please do not submit any documents unless it has been requested of you. Verification is a review process by the Federal Government to check the accuracy of information reported on the FAFSA.
How to Submit Verification
Verification documents can be submitted through any of the ways below. Students are required to write their LSU 89-number or social security number on the top of every sheet submitted, not just the first sheet.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax to 225-578-6300
- Mail to 1146 Pleasant Hall, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- Bring in person to the front desk of Pleasant Hall, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Verification Frequently Asked Questions
What is verification?
Verification is the process of confirming the accuracy of data reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is accurate.
How do I know if I was selected for verification?
You will receive notification from our office through your myLSU account if your application has been selected for verification.
How do I complete the verification process?
The requirements needed to verify your application will be listed under financial services, financial aid, and verification documents in your myLSU account. Our office will use the documents you submit to confirm that the information you provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is correct. Any errors and/or omissions will be corrected and resubmitted to the federal processor. You will be notified electronically of any corrections to your FAFAS through a subsequent FAFSA transaction. Your financial aid eligibility will not be determined until you have completed the verification process. In the event that you have already been awarded financial aid and are subsequently selected for verification, you will be notified of any changes made to your application or financial aid awards.
Am I eligible for financial aid if I do not complete the verification process?
If you do not complete the verification process, you are not eligible for any Federal Title IV financial aid any other types of aid that are contingent upon receipt of such assistance.
When do I need to complete the verification process?
The verification process must be completed prior to crediting financial aid to your student account. The priority date to submit verification documents to receive financial aid for the Fall semester is June 15th and November 15th for the spring semester. The deadline to submit verification documents is three weeks prior to the last day of class each semester.
What does a referral to the Office of Inspector General mean?
If we suspect that a student, employee or other individual has misreported information or altered documentation to fraudulently obtain federal funds, the office will report its suspicions and provide any evidence to the Office of Inspector General of the U.S. Department of Education.
2016-2017 Verification Forms
All forms require Adobe Reader to view and print.
- Asset Verification, Parent
- Asset Verification, Student
- Child Support, Parent
- Child Support, Student
- Food Stamps, Parent
- Food Stamps, Student
- Foreign Income and Taxes Paid, Father
- Foreign Income and Taxes Paid, Mother
- Foreign Income and Taxes Paid, Parent
- Foreign Income and Taxes Paid, Student
- Foreign Income and Taxes Paid, Spouse
- High School Completion Status
- Household Statement, Parent
- Household Statement, Student
- Identity/Statement of Educational Purposes at Institution
- Identity/Statement of Educational Purposes with Notary
- Military Active Duty Statement
- Non-Filer Statement, Father
- Non-Filer Statement, Mother
- Non-Filer Statement, Parent
- Non-Filer Statement, Student
- Non-Filer Statement, Spouse
- Non-Matriculating Certification
- Review of Independent Status
- Student Data Form: Undergraduate, Graduate, Law, Veterinary Medicine
- Student Data Form: LSU Online
- Supplemental Untaxed Income Worksheet
- Tax Extension Form, Father
- Tax Extension Form, Mother
- Tax Extension Form, Parent
- Tax Extension Form, Student
- Tax Extension Form, Spouse
- Tax Return Transcript Request, Father
- Tax Return Transcript Request, Mother
- Tax Return Transcript Request, Parent
- Tax Return Transcript Request, Student
- Tax Return Transcript Request, Spouse
- Tax Schedules, Father
- Tax Schedules, Mother
- Tax Schedules, Parent
- Tax Schedules, Student
- Tax Schedules, Spouse
- Untaxed Income Worksheet