The Chafee Educational and Training Voucher (ETV) Program is awarded to students who have been in the foster care system and meet the below criteria. The award amount is $5,000 per year.
Interested students must meet the following criteria:
- Be ages 15 to 21, unless you participating in the Chafee ETV Program at age 21 in which case they can receive ETVs until you are 23
- Be one of the following:
- be in the foster care system
- be aged out of the foster care system
- have been under the care of a legal guardian
- have been in the foster care system or under the care of a legal guardian and adopted after age 16
- Be enrolled in an eligible postsecondary institution
- Has submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each year in college
Eligible students should complete the Chafee Educational and Training Voucher (ETV) Program Payment Request Form and return it to the Office of Enrollment Management to begin the application process.