Select a tab on the left to view each scholarship.
Abbott and Fenner Business Consultants Scholarships
The A&F Scholarships are available to all high school juniors and seniors as well as all students currently registered in any accredited post secondary institution. To apply for this scholarship you will need to write an essay on the chosen topic. The essay should be between 500 and 1000 words. Submissions must be sent by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. This award is valued at $1,000.
Accounting.com Editor’s Picks Scholarships
Accounting.com has a comprehensive listing of the site’s top 20 scholarships for accounting majors. View all scholarships on Accounting.com, and select “Accounting Scholarships” on the left sidebar.
Baton Rouge Area Foundation Scholarships
The Foundation offers scholarships to graduating seniors and college students. The scholarships have been created by donors to the Foundation. Scholarship are primarily awarded based on financial need, academic achievement and good citizenship. The Foundation only accepts online applications.
The Bengal Group Scholarship
The Bengal Group was founded in 1987 by a collection of Baton Rouge businessmen, many of whom are graduates of LSU. The Bengal Group Scholarship is funded by an annual golf tournament. The number of scholarship recipients vary each year, usually 10 to 15 students. The award is for one year, and students must apply each year. The value of each award varies from $5,000 to $250.
Caring.com Student-Caregiver Annual Scholarship
Caring.com is offers three $1,500 scholarships to university students attending an accredited U.S. college or university who care for aging relatives.
Chafee Educational & Training Voucher
The Chafee Educational and Training Voucher (ETV) Program is awarded to students who have been in the foster care system and meet the below criteria. The award amount is $5,000 per year.
Interested students must meet the following criteria:
- Be ages 15 to 21, unless participating in the Chafee ETV Program at age 21 in which case they can receive ETVs until age 23
- Be one of the following:
- be in the foster care system
- be aged out of the foster care system
- have been under the care of a legal guardian
- have been in the foster care system or under the care of a legal guardian and adopted after age 16
- Be enrolled in an eligible postsecondary institution
- Have submitted a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for each year in college
Eligible students should complete the Chafee Educational and Training Voucher (ETV) Program Payment Request Form and return it to Financial Aid & Scholarships to begin the application process.
Child of Deceased Faculty Member Fee Exemption
This award includes an exemption from all university-assessed undergraduate fees for sons and daughters of faculty members who had five or more years of service in the LSU System at the time of death. To apply for this assistance, contact the Office of Human Resource Management.
City-Year Application Fee Waiver
Undergraduate students who have participated in the City Year Program are eligible for the LSU admission application fee waiver. This award is available on a first-come, first-served basis and is limited to availability of funds. Prior to submitting an admission application, eligible students should contact City Year’s National Alumni Affairs office to request a verification letter. Verification letters should be sent from the National Alumni Affairs office directly to Financial Aid & Scholarships. Once City Year affiliation has been confirmed, the application will be processed and fees will be paid.
Good Call “Best Decision” Scholarship
The Good Call “Best Decision” Scholarship requires an essay between 400 and 500 words detailing one of the most important decisions a student has made in their life. The value is $2,500.
Esprit de Femme Leadership Award
The Esprit de Femme Leadership Award is for a current LSU student that exemplifies the qualities of leadership, character, and service in elevating the status of women. LSU students must have at least a 2.5 GPA and have completed at least 45 credit hours as an undergraduate student or at least 9 credit hours as a graduate student
Government Finance Officers Association Scholarships
The Government Finance Officers Association offers several scholarships. Candidates should have a superior record of academic achievement and/or job performance and show promise of completion of their studies at a high level of performance. In addition, candidates should have plans to pursue a career in state or local government finance. Available for the Spring of 2016 to students expecting to be enrolled in the 2016 Spring semester (including 2016 graduates). The values of the awards range from $8,000 – $13,000.
Louisiana Veterans Foundation Scholarship Program
Applicants must meet the following criteria for this award:
- High school graduate
- Honorably discharged Veteran, Active Duty Military, or a dependent of an Honorably discharged Veteran or Active Duty Military
- Two letters of reference from past professors or teachers
- Applicant must be a declared major at an accredited college, university, or technical school
- Veteran or Active Duty Military must be a legal resident of the State of Louisiana
- Applicant must be registered full time for the semester covered by the scholarship
- Applicant must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.75 (on a 4.0 scale); a certified copy of the applicant’s transcript from the educational facility must be provided
- Applicant demonstrates a financial need ( a demonstrated financial allows preference in the award provided all other criteria are met)
A committee will determine the number of scholarships available each year based on the available funds and eligible applicants. The initial scholarship amount will be $1,500, but the amount could change. Recipients of the scholarship will agree to provide receipts indicating the scholarship was used for tuition, books, or room and board. Receipts are not required for funds sent directly to a college, university, or technical school expressly for a recipient’s tuition, books, or room and board.
Visit the Louisiana Veterans Foundation website for more information.
Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation
This need-based award is given to children in any of the following categories:
- active duty and reserve U.S. Marines
- veteran U.S. Marines who have received an honorable discharge or were killed while serving in the U.S. Marine Corps
- active duty and reserve U.S. Navy Corpsmen who are serving o have served with a U.S. Marine unit
- veteran U.S. Navy Corpsmen who have served with a U.S. Marine unit and have received an honorable discharge or were killed while serving in the U.S. Navy
Awards range from $1,500 to $40,000. Special funding is available for the children of those who were wounded or killed in combat operations. Additionally, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- planning to attend an accredited undergraduate college or vocational/technical institution in the upcoming academic year
- a GPA of at least 2.o
- an income requirement must be met
Visit the Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation website for more information.