Faculty who are teaching certified Communication-Intensive courses must include the following statement on their syllabus:
This is a certified Communication-Intensive (C-I) course which meets all of the requirements set forth by LSU’s Communication across the Curriculum program, including
- instruction and assignments emphasizing informal and formal [mode 1] and [mode 2];
- teaching of discipline-specific communication techniques;
- use of draft-feedback-revision process for learning;
- practice of ethical and professional work standards;
- 40% of the course grade rooted in communication-based work; and
- a student/faculty ratio no greater than 35:1.
Students interested in pursuing the LSU Distinguished Communicators certification may use this C-I course for credit. For more information about this student recognition program, visit www.cxc.lsu.edu.
In addition to including the above statement in syllabi, C-I faculty are encouraged to share this handout with students and discuss all aspects of the CxC program, including CxC Studios and the LSU Distinguished Communicator program, on the first day of class. CxC staff members are always available to give brief in-class presentations about CxC resources and customized presentations on specific communication topics such as effective presentations, good poster design, etc.