Student Activities Board
Campus Life will seek new student leaders in fall 2016 who will serve in each of the five Campus Life organizations from January 2017 through December 2017.
The president shall preside at all executive board meetings; shall perform such other duties as may be prescribed in the constitution or are assigned by the membership or the executive board; and shall coordinate the work of the executive board, in order that projects be promoted.
The duties of the president are as follows:
- Chairs Board meetings, the governing body of the Student Activities Board organization.
- Responsible for Vice Presidents and Chairs.
- Serves as the Student Activities Board representative to the University and may sit on various campus-wide committees.
- Works with executive officers, chairs, and advisors to set goals.
- Works with staff members to keep up with current developments in Union policy.
- Arranges selections of the succeeding administration.
- Serves as official budget officer of Student Activities Board.
- Maintains records of program proposals and evaluations.
- Facilitates campus wide programming collaboration and communication with various student organization leaders.
- Hosts Executive Board Retreat for the Executive Board.
Vice President of Membership
The vice president of membership shall act as an aide to the president and shall perform the duties of the president in the absence or inability of that officer to serve; shall work with the president to manage all aspects of membership. Other duties may be added as indicated by the by-laws.
The duties of the vice-president of membership are as follows:
- Chairs Student Activities Board meetings in the absence of the President.
- Organize and set yearly goals for the recruitment and retention of Student Activities Board.
- Works with President to manage all aspects of membership in Student Activities Board.
- Coordinates and hosts all member meetings, membership leadership development, service projects, and cohesion events.
- Update and distribute new leader, member, and associate chair applications and facilitate the interview process for all.
- Maintains records of membership and contact with all members for events as well as committee attendance.
- Responsible for training associate chairs in membership development as well as to help them grow as student leaders.
- Distributes meeting minutes out among SAB’s membership.
- Checks the SAB e-mail account every other day for messages or questions about SAB. Perform other duties as assigned.
Vice President of Public Relations
The vice president of public relations shall act as an aide to the president and shall perform the duties of the president in the absence or inability of the president or vice-president of membership to serve; and other duties may be added as indicated by the by-laws. The duties of the vice-president of public relations are as follows:
- Responsible for Student Activities Board’s image on campus.
- Work with the Associate Director for Marketing, Chairs, and Associate Chairs on any type of publicity concerning Student Activities Board.
- Responsible for the upkeep of Student Activities Board’s media outlets including but not limited to social media, paper, advertisements, press releases, table-sits, etc.
- Responsible for finding innovative ways to help publicize SAB’s brand through partnerships, donations, etc.
- Responsible for training associate chairs in marketing and advertising SAB’s brand as well as to help them grow as student leaders.
- Create and manage monthly SAB membership newsletter.
- Checks SAB’s social media accounts every other day for messages or questions about SAB.
- Checks for SAB ads in the newspapers.
- Notifies Campus Life Associate Director of Marketing when SAB website needs to be updated.
- Edits videos and photos and uploads them to SAB’s social media accounts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
The secretary shall act as an aide to the president and is primarily responsible for the upkeep of organizational documentation, information, and recordkeeping. Other duties may be added as indicated by the by-laws.
The duties of the secretary are as follows:
- Types Executive Board minutes and distributes them out to Executive Board.
- Maintains the record for all committee meetings and distributes them out to Executive Board.
- Responsible for updating the budget spreadsheet weekly.
- Update and organize the SAB I-Drive. Type up and edit internal SAB documents.
- Will host a semester review of all SAB documents to Executive Board.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The chairpersons of the organization shall be responsible for organizing the weekly business of committee throughout its duration and delegating responsibility in carrying out its goals to its members and associate chairs. (Other duties may be added as indicated by the by-laws.)
The duties of the chairpersons are as follows:
- Dedicate a minimum of 5 hours per week to Student Activities Board meetings, committee meetings, programs, and office hours. This includes a minimum of two posted hours that you must always be in the office. You are required to do this in case of needing to schedule phone calls with agents, performers, emergency meetings with your advisor and other miscellaneous activities.
- Meet weekly with the committee, establishing goals, and developing strategies for programming.
- Responsible for organizing the weekly business of committee and delegating responsibility in carrying out its goals to its members and associate chairs; keep Associate Chairs and members informed of matters affecting the committee; inform members about the aims and purposes of the Student Activities Board, the activities of the other committees, and the policies and procedures that members must use.
- Chairs are required to develop tools for assessing a SAB event (survey, Poll Everywhere, Head count, etc.) for all programs that each respective committee hosts throughout the semester.
- Write and present the committee’s program proposals to the Board.
- Submit written program evaluations to determine if goals are being met. Evaluations are due two weeks following program to the President, the Campus Life Associate Director, and your immediate advisor.
- Responsible for training members in event planning and delegation as well as to help them grow as student leaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Chair Roles available for:
- Late Night Committee Chair
- Music Committee Chair
- Pop Fusion Committee Chair
- Trending Topics Committee Chair
- Membership Associate Chair
- Public Relations Associate Chair