Not only are the Baton Rouge community, LSU alums, and Tiger families invited to join in on Homecoming Week 2014 events and activities, but we have a special way to celebrate just for the community we call home.
Paint the Town Purple and Gold
LSU is the heart of Baton Rouge, and Homecoming brings out all of the spirit and support the capital city has to offer. We’re encouraging local businesses to “Paint the Town Purple” to make the local area roar with pride during Homecoming Week!
Remember this year’s theme: Louisiana State of Mind. Show your Louisiana love for the state’s flagship university!
Some ways you can Paint the Town Purple and Gold are:
- Schedule school dress days the week of Homecoming.
- Collect canned goods for CANapalooza at your school, church, or workplace.
- Decorate your office, store front, or yard in your best purple, gold, and Tiger gear.
- Paint “Happy Homecoming” messages on your storefront windows.
- Refer a Tiger to LSU Admissions.