Now in its 26th year, Leadership LSU is an LSU tradition coordinated by LSU Campus Life. With space for up to 50 senior students, it is designed to give a senior student the experience of developing and applying their leadership at high levels while in their final semesters at LSU.
Interested students should apply via Tigerlink before the December 5, 2014 deadline.
Participants chosen for Leadership LSU 2015 exhibit the capacity to learn and impact others positively through their leadership experiences. Active participation in Leadership LSU will challenge students to sharpen leadership skills and abilities, regardless of career choice.
At the end of your participation in Leadership LSU, you will be able to:
- Identify adaptive leadership challenges, including those on campus and beyond the LSU campus community.
- Articulate how a leader might begin to address complex, social issues with others members of a community.
- Predict how adaptive leadership experiences may present opportunities for your future career, educational, service and personal responsibilities and growth.
- Support other members of their Leadership LSU peer network well in their continued leadership preparation and service.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Apply as a Senior with at least 91 credit hours or more and plan to graduate in the spring, summer, or fall semesters of 2015.
- Have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Be deemed eligible to participate by the Office of Student Advocacy and Accountability within the Office of the Dean of Students.
- Have demonstrated a strong commitment to involvement in campus and community organizations and activities, as well as articulate the values of the Commitment to Community, and a commitment to learning more about your own leadership.
- Submit two recommendation letter(s) from a faculty or staff member.
- Agree to the date and time participation requirements of Leadership LSU including:
- Session #1: Friday, Jan. 23, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Off-Campus Retreat: Friday, Jan. 30 (3:00pm) until Sat., Jan. 31 (5:00pm)
- Session #2: Friday, Feb. 6, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Session #3: Friday, Feb. 20, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Session #4: Friday, Feb. 27, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Session #5: Friday, March 13, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Session #6: Friday, March 27, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Geaux BIG Baton Rouge: Saturday, March 28, 7:30am – Mid-afternoon
- Session #7: Friday, April 17, 9:30am – 11:30am
- Closing Luncheon: Saturday, April 25, 11:30am – 1:00pm
Attendance at each of these Leadership LSU events is mandatory unless excused by a Leadership LSU staff member.
There are no costs to apply or to participate in Leadership LSU.
Leadership LSU students may purchase a Leadership LSU 2015 recognition stole to be worn at any LSU commencement ceremony (departmental, etc.) except for the main commencement exercise each semester. In previous years, these stoles have cost around $32 each. Information will be shared with students selected for Leadership LSU 2015 in the early part of the spring semester.