The Tom W. Dutton Scholarship Award is presented to a female undergraduate or graduate student for outstanding service to the University community through participation and leadership in community service activities while attending LSU.
Criteria for Selection
- Must be a female undergraduate or graduate student enrolled at LSU in Baton Rouge.
- Must be full-time students in good academic and disciplinary standing with the University.
- Must possess a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must demonstrate service to the University community through participation and leadership in community service activities and initiatives while attending LSU.
- Nominations can be made by LSU students, faculty/staff and community members.
- Nominees must complete an application for review by the selection committee.
- The selection committee will be appointed by a staff member in Campus Life. Committee members shall include:
- Assistant Director for Campus Life, Chair
The selected students will be recommended to Dean of Students for approval.
Nominations: November 1—November 14
Notified of Nomination: November 15
Application Deadline: November 27
Review of Applications/Selection: December 2-6
Announcement of Winner: December 9
- The scholarships will be awarded once per year.
- The amount for scholarships will be either $250 or $500 based on service demonstrated by applicant and recommendation by committee.
- The number of scholarships awarded will be based on fund availability each year.
- No student may receive the award more than once while enrolled at LSU.