Now in its 25th year, Leadership LSU is an LSU tradition coordinated by LSU Campus Life. With space for up to 50 senior students, it is designed to give a senior student the experience of developing and applying their leadership at high levels while in their final semesters at LSU.
Participants chosen for Leadership LSU 2013 exhibit the capacity to learn and impact others positively through their leadership experiences. Active participation in Leadership LSU will challenge you to sharpen your leadership skills and abilities, regardless of career choice.
At the end of your participation in Leadership LSU, you will be able to:
- Articulate characteristics necessary for active leadership in a post-baccalaureate experiences.
- Connect your leadership experiences with your future career choices.
- Build positive relationships with others in order to impact change.
- Develop civic and social connections for the purpose of understanding leadership within the context of society.
To be eligible for the program, you must:
- Attain at least senior standing in the university and will be graduating in the spring, summer, or fall of 2014.
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Not currently be on disciplinary probation or deferred suspension.
- Have demonstrated a strong commitment to an involvement in campus and community organizations and activities, as well as articulate the values of the Commitment to Community, and a commitment to diversity/multicultural ideals in leadership.
- Submit two recommendation letter(s) with your application.
- Attend information session with Leadership LSU organizers. These will be scheduled between Tuesday, November 12 and Thursday, November 14. See the application packet for more information.
- Attend each session, as well as the opening retreat, Geaux BIG Baton Rouge event on Saturday, March 22 and the closing banquet. Attendance at each Leadership LSU event is mandatory.
There are no costs to apply or to participate in Leadership LSU.
Leadership LSU students may purchase a Leadership LSU 2014 recognition stole to be worn at any LSU commencement ceremony (departmental, etc.) except for the main commencement exercise each semester. In previous years, these stoles have cost around $32 each. Information will be shared with students in the early spring 2014 semester.